Ivison Guitars: The Man

What's Hot
So my no 1 strat has for quite a while needed a refret, the guitar is amazing, but with levelled off frets and overall just needing some TLC I ended up chatting with Neil over at @IvisonGuitars and asking if he would be able to do a refret on the guitar, very kindly he said yes and after much too-ing and fro-ing we finally made a date and I made the charge down to his workshop.
Neil was an absolute gent and after having a cuppa and chat about bands and our musical stylings, we went through exactly what I needed and wanted on the guitar. We ended up agreeing on 6105 Dunlop frets and a new bone but and a setup with my Curt Mangan strings I'm now using. Neil was also generous enough to let me play his guitars and boy are they sweet! If you have a hankering for a Junior, speak to Neil, they're cheaper and more accurate then any Gibson I've come across in a while 
Within 2 weeks Neil let me know the guitar was ready, I've got to say I was apprehensive, not about Neil's works, but the guitar itself. Would it be the same as before, would it be too bright, would the frets suit it and my playing style? 
I shouldn't of, Neil's works is exemplary and as soon as I played the guitar it was back to how I remembered! 
The work is first class and and the frets are absolutely perfect. The guitar is zingy, sustains forever and plays like a dream.
If you need a refret, a build or just some help, then contact Neil, he is first class
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheRobLewTheRobLew Frets: 11
    I bought  a double cut Junior in TV yellow from Neil last year, beautiful guitar, and a great fella to deal with. I can only echo the above sentiments! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited July 2019
    Ivison junior's are awesome. Love his threads. Mega skill. Gibson should take note and learn!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Just for balance, I’ve heard he’s a bit of a tit...

(Thanks for the kind words chaps, it’s much appreciated :) )
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220

I heard that....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    horsehead said:

I heard that....
    ....I was talking about me! :)

I can just see the front page of the Worcester News now...

“Local Luthier in Calls his Customer a Tit Shocker!”

;) 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom