Stranger things S3 - SPOILER THREAD

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7402
edited July 2019 in Off Topic
It's impossible to discuss in the other one which has been declared spoiler free (why go in an internet thread about something and expect it to be spoiler free? pfft - oh well) 

So - spoilers ahoy... 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7402
    Red ones are better. 
    Right then - Joyce - fucking black widow or what?  =)
    Red ones are better. 
    or if the fan theories are correct "...or is she...?" 
    Red ones are better. 
    Also obviously the whole thing is believable and scientifically fine EXCEPT both parties in a radio connection can't transmit at once. Sorry Dusty-bun and Suzie-poo 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
    Most importantly, who is “The American”?? 

Hopper, or someone else?? I fully assume S4 will be “The Search for Hop”. It’s better be!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Most importantly, who is “The American”?? 

Hopper, or someone else?? I fully assume S4 will be “The Search for Hop”. It’s better be!!
    Initially I missed the post credits scene - and at that time I said "I like that there was no 'monster noise' at the end - particularly as Hops letter to El said "we want things to last forever but they change" and I thought that was a cool way to end.

But then the post credits scene, and the Twitter clue that pointed people to a "voicemail" to Joyce (Google) all imply that yes Hop is alive. And what else could unite our plucky clan? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12303
    He must be alive but If I  didn't like the fact that it was telegraphed via the prison scene. If Indeed it was... But we didn't see him get blown to bits and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have shyed away from showing their he had been
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    watch this to the end 

Red ones are better. 
    Of course there's also a theory that the current timing of each seasons, combined with the introduction of Russians making things go 'splode in S3, combined with the fact the writers have already said they want to do 5 seasons and no more may mean we end up in Chernobyl in 1986 for Season 4 or 5... 
    Of course there's also a theory that the current timing of each seasons, combined with the introduction of Russians making things go 'splode in S3, combined with the fact the writers have already said they want to do 5 seasons and no more may mean we end up in Chernobyl in 1986 for Season 4 or 5... 
    haha - that would either be awesome or awful 

Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    haha - that would either be awesome or awful 

If it were any other show I'd assume awful, but I honestly think this is the best thing on TV so have complete faith :) 
    the small-town-america vibe is central to the whole thing though - I'm not sure 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    I reckon they could keep that via some sort of upside-down-portal shenanigans. Half the gang in Hawkins, the other half trapped in Ukraine by mistake...?

Maybe using a REALLY BIG ham radio to communicate :D There's always the Duga 3 array just outside Pripyat... 
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Maybe he got sent to the other side in a plasma ray gun explosion created wormhole thing. The gap didn’t fully close till the cavalry arrived. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

or he could have deliberately jumped through 

Either way, it puts him in the upside down, not in the USSR. So the American could still be someone else
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:

Either way, it puts him in the upside down, not in the USSR. So the American could still be someone else
    This is the popular opinion, people seem to think he jumped through but that also he is the American.

But given that the Upside Down is a facsimile of the, errr, Right Way Up, it would imply that the Russians are in the Upside Down, have control of/have avoided the Mind Flayer, and that they have travelled from their portal in Russia to the portal they were making in the US, captured Hopper and then returned to their portal in Russia to incarcerate him.

Seems like a stretch?

That they have or have had a working portal is indisputable given the presence of a Demogorgan in captivity; however its never been clear to me if the Demogorgans are part of the Mind Flayer hive-mind (and thusly need an open portal to survive in the Right Way Up) or whether they're independent, and the Russians caught one before their failed portal closed.

Puzzling!

Another opinion online is that The American is Brennan (Papa - Eleven's 'father') but this seems unlikely to me.

The absence of Eleven's 'sister' from series 2 is very significant to me - I'd wager she was the American...

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    TimmyO said:

This is the popular opinion, people seem to think he jumped through but that also he is the American.

But given that the Upside Down is a facsimile of the, errr, Right Way Up, it would imply that the Russians are in the Upside Down, have control of/have avoided the Mind Flayer, and that they have travelled from their portal in Russia to the portal they were making in the US, captured Hopper and then returned to their portal in Russia to incarcerate him.

Seems like a stretch?

That they have or have had a working portal is indisputable given the presence of a Demogorgan in captivity; however its never been clear to me if the Demogorgans are part of the Mind Flayer hive-mind (and thusly need an open portal to survive in the Right Way Up) or whether they're independent, and the Russians caught one before their failed portal closed.

Puzzling!

Another opinion online is that The American is Brennan (Papa - Eleven's 'father') but this seems unlikely to me.

The absence of Eleven's 'sister' from series 2 is very significant to me - I'd wager she was the American...

I think Eleven’s sister was missing from season 3 because the episode she was in during season 2 was an absolute disaster. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ That is a fair point :D
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4697
    TimmyO said:
    I reckon they could keep that via some sort of upside-down-portal shenanigans. Half the gang in Hawkins, the other half trapped in Ukraine by mistake...?

Maybe using a REALLY BIG ham radio to communicate :D There's always the Duga 3 array just outside Pripyat... 
    I like it - UVB-76 could be written in to that story also.