Gibson J-45 Studio

What's Hot
Has anyone had a chance to try one of these yet? What's the difference between this and the J-15? They seem like a remarkable guitar for the price and the standard size Grover rotomatics over the mini on the J-15 are a big plus for me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Played both side by side. The studio has a different bridge and tuners and is slightly thinner in the body which is slightly is noticeable on bass response. I loved the J15, it really stood out above the studio and the 35. The tone felt more buttery and punchier
    Used J15s can be had for 800 used if you look hard enough. I would go for one over the studio. The walnut looked fantastic on both 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    I believe the studio has slimmer body than the standard J45 so on that basis I'd go for J15 if on a budget.
    I've seen one go for £660 btw.
    edited July 2019
    Duplicate post
    http://www.glennsguitars.com/guitars/gibson/photos-139/page145.html
    He will have a deal and would come well set up. Job to get any J45 spin off under 750 these days 
    Seems the 15 has scalloped bracing. Not sure about the studio, thinking that is non scalloped 
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    I believe the studio has slimmer body than the standard J45 so on that basis I'd go for J15 if on a budget.
    Thanks for the replies. Do you know how much slimmer the body is on the J-45? It may not be a negative for me as I imagine it would be a bit more comfortable than a standard J-45 body size. Gibson's website says both the studio and the J-15 have hand carved X-bracing.
    Thanks for the replies. Do you know how much slimmer the body is on the J-45? It may not be a negative for me as I imagine it would be a bit more comfortable than a standard J-45 body size. Gibson's website says both the studio and the J-15 have hand carved X-bracing.
    Not sure how slim it is there are no specific details on the Gibson website either I'm afraid.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31577
    It's ironically named, it's obviously a stage guitar, you'd use a full-depth one for recording. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom