SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

McIlroy A30c early example from the Irish master builder NOW SOLD!

glt56glt56 Frets: 209
edited July 2019 in Acoustics £
Here is my beloved McIlroy A30c which I have reluctantly put up for sale.  It is a beautiful small bodied jumbo in the finest Lowden and Avalon Celtic traditions.  Dermot McIlroy worked with George Lowden for many years before setting up his own luthiery and his work is considered at least the equal, perhaps better.  This early example (Serial No. 037) has solid Indian Rosewood back and sides with a bearclaw Sitka Spruce top.  The bindings are Pear with Rosewood & Sycamore inlays, an Abalone rosette, Rio Rosewood bridge and a Walnut strap button inlay.  Even the heel cap is Koa!  It also has gold Gotoh tuners with perloid buttons.  It comes complete with it's original Hiscox hard case, and its certificate of authenticity.  It also has a  Mcintyre feather pickup to allow the best possible output with minimal change to the guitar body.  It is a beautiful guitar which I thought I'd never sell... but I'm afraid, needs must!  PRICE DROP FOR QUICK SALE!  £1850 ovno, and the guitar can be collected from my home in Chester, or from my work address near Manchester Airport.  Thanks for looking!  NOW SOLD  

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Played a few of these and they are terrific guitars, GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    Played a few of these and they are terrific guitars, GLWTS.
    Many thanks!
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    I’ve got A30 no30 and they are great guitars and this is a vg price
    I’ve got A30 no30 and they are great guitars and this is a vg price
    Cheers, I don't want to let it go but life just comes and bites you on the arse sometimes....  :'(
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    Bump.  McilRoys are great guitars and this is a fantastic price.  If it was for sale closer to Edinburgh, I'd probably buy it (even though I dont really need it)
    it may well be going in p/x this week, so if anyone is interested they'd better hurry  :o  
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Wow that looks gooood :o