zoom g3xn tones

bloomerbloomer Frets: 207
Just got myself one of these for headphones practise and whilst it's great fun for the money I'm struggling to get good basic tones like a fendery clean with reverb or hendrixy marshall. Also, whatever amp or amp settings I use the attack never sounds right. I don't really know how to describe it really but its sort of a bit dead and rubbery, maybe lacking top end. Any tips most welcome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 545454545454 Frets: 184
    I had one of these and found that adding the 'Exciter' effect made a good addition to most of the amp sims - not quite sure what it does, just seemed to lift things a bit.
    Experimenting with different cabinet models made a difference too, so mix and match with the amps.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    Also add the "Air" block at the end - makes headphone tones so much better.

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    I love this pedal. 
    I will be honest I am not a pedal expert, but I think for the money and simplicity there is nothing to touch this. 
    First I would completely wipe a patch clean then starting with an amp simulation, pick and play with it in same way you would with amp. then once close, add any effects needed. so many people start from a built up patch and start modifying it. 
    I always used a touch of compression on my clean tones, as the tone you hear that you like on record is often compressed heavily. 
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 207
    thanks chaps that's much better a lot more lively and responsive. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to pedals and finding the zoom a great way to explore what they all do
  • StrumitStrumit Frets: 26
    https://zoomcorp.com/media/documents/E_G3n_G3Xn.pdf ; See page 15 re MIC parameter to OFF for headphone or monitor speaker use.