Two pedals died on me today... both loopers...

What's Hot
ChéChé Frets: 304
edited July 2019 in FX
No looping fun for me this evening... 

My EHX 360 Looper no longer works but presents all sorts of horrible noise if I switch to a higher mA setting on my VLPP2+. The TC Alter Ego X4 doesn't even power up now. I was using both quite recently so not sure what the issues could be.... 

Any thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
    Do you have another power supply you could try?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72319
    Ché said:

Any thoughts?
    Ché said:

My EHX

The TC

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    First thought is has the PSU died.
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    In one in the loop of the other ?!

On a serious note are they same psu?  If the psu "appears" OK still don't plug anything into it, could well be a spike coming out which is damaging pedals.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2631
    Is there an infectious disease that kills looper pedals? Perhaps something widespread but benign in delay pedals that's spread along the patch cable and metastasized?
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6880
    Is there an infectious disease that kills looper pedals? Perhaps something widespread but benign in delay pedals that's spread along the patch cable and metastasized?
    Could be lupus...
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18733
    skunkwerx said:
    Could be lupus...
    KT Tunstall syndrome?
  • ChéChé Frets: 304
    ICBM said:
    Ché said:

Any thoughts?
    Ché said:

My EHX

The TC

I gave you a LOL for making me chuckle. Such a smart arse comment were it not for the fact you’re completely right... does that make you more of a smart arse, or make me bitter for buying poor quality pedals.. 

Pedals that aren’t even cheap TC electronic! You hear me?! 

I’m gonna end up with a board full of Boss pedals at this rate....

For everyone enquiring, I tried it with my
    ISO brick and PP2+ to no avail. It had worked with both previously and they both power my other pedals. I’ve just forked out for my Deep
    Impact repairing, I swear the universe doesn’t want me to finish this pedalboard... 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    As Dano said earlier, you could have a fault with the psu spiking. Were the three pedals running off the same psu at the time of their individual failures?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Are they newish? No harm in contacting support
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72319
    Three separate failures, even with two of them being EH and TC, does make me think there may be an outside factor. As Dano and Majorscale said, if they were all on the same power supply at the time that must be the chief suspect.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChéChé Frets: 304
    edited July 2019
    The Deep Impact was a fault with that pedal specifically.

My bass amp died last night as well, still powers up and receives signal but with no sound from the speaker, I’m guessing it’s blown. I think this is the year everything I own breaks  p 

i didn’t have the pedals on a board so I kept them in a cupboard when not in use, last time they were out they worked fine. One of the outputs doesn’t work on my PP2+ so I’ll get that looked at.