Power issue with Beetronics Royal Jelly

Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
Bought a 2nd hand Royal Jelly pedal from Reverb.

It arrived yesterday and I hooked it up to my board (powered by the Zuma) Having checked it was ok for 9v centre negative.

The pedal lit up but no sound, i wobbled the power jack and it intermittently powered up but when I let go it went back to no sound.

I messaged Beetronics, who responded straight away, but aside from asking me to try other power supplies (which I did with the same results) didn't offer much in the way of assistance. They're happy for me to send the pedal back to them, but postage to LA and return postage seems a bit excessive. Hoping there might be an easier fix. The unit is not easy to open, it has an odd washer/nut that none of my screwdriver sets have an adaptor for, so I've not yet been able to open it up to have a look. 

Can anyone offer any advice on how to approach the problem. I'd rather not return it, but if it has to be fixed, I'll probably contact the seller to see if a discount to reflect the cost of repair would be offered.

Cheers in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    Sounds like a loose connection on the power jack should be easy enough to diagnose and fix. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    TateFX said:
    Sounds like a loose connection on the power jack should be easy enough to diagnose and fix. 
    Hope so. It's not the easiest enclosure to get in to. Trying to find the right socket or screwdriver that will do it.