THR10C utterly mystifying

barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 623
A friend has borrowed my Princeton for a bit, so I've been reacquainting myself with the THR10C, which hasn't had much use since I moved out of my old flat.

The only thing that has ever really bothered me about it is that on the 'Fender' settings, low mids and bass notes can produce a slightly metallic ringing from the speakers. I'd always worked around this and assumed I was just butting up against the limitations of a tiny amp, but yesterday I finally downloaded the associated software to see if there was some fix within the expanded controls.

Dialling in the amp from scratch using the editor makes no difference but, bizarrely, if I use one of the library patches as a starting point, the ringing is gone – even when the controls and levels end up in the same place I'd have set them if starting from scratch.

I can't come up with any sort of explanation, but I thought it worth sharing in case other owners have experienced the same frustration and have stubbornly ignored the editor as I did for so long.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7395
    Maybe the library patch has something else going on too? (istr the compressor is only accessible from the editor or library and makes a difference to the sound) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 623
    There must be, but it's not the compressor (which I turn off) or any of the other things that are user-adjustable, as far as I can tell.