Pussy Stress

What's Hot

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18682

Intruders after being shooed outside  :3
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Mice, frogs, a dragonfly and extra big moths at night.

Just last week the cat came in with a live mouse - she likes to play with the poor blighters.
    Daughter sees it, screams for me to come down, I corner cat, cat drops mouse - but in the micro second as I decide which one to grab, cat picks up the mouse and makes a dash for upstairs.

Cat goes into daughter's room and drops mouse, which scurries under the bed, amongst a heap of boxes. An hour later, as the mouse moves from one place to another, the room is upside down. The boxes under the bed are piled up in a heap, the drawers are out of the chest of drawers, the chest itself is on its side, as the base provided the perfect hiding place and the mouse ignored the poked in broom stick.
    Finally got it into a plastic box and dumped it in a bush 200 yards away. 1 a.m. by this point.
    A full six months quota of swearing used up.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited July 2019
    Week before last, I managed to get a kind neighbour to deploy and sit the cat trap for me in their garden... (Before I used this trap to catch another missing micro chipped cat I thought was mine). When I picked up the trap, we saw that all the food had gone; and they must not have read the directions that the Cat's Protection League provided that I left with them because they used a bowl, and the bowl will make the trap not close.
    Also, alpha/tomcats and foxes will deter the target cat if caught and need releasing, because their scent will scare away a target cat; so, if you happen to cat the wrong cat or fox, hose the cage down and reset.

Just today I returned the humane cat trap I got from a town over/local Cat's Protection League Homing Centre. Initially I had the trap until the 16th, but then that got extended to the 23rd and my cat got reunited Saturday night and the trap worked on one cat when it was properly deployed by somebody told me about a cat they found who has showed up out of the blue that looks like my cat kinda, but IDK what you'be bought yourself but the Cat's protection league is a heavy s.o.b to carry about and a cat couldn't tip that trap. But to calm a freaked out caged/trapped cat, if it's not already covered when you trap it, cover  the trap with a sheet or something so they don't feel so exposed and vulnerable so they'd appreciate being hid and that defuses a trapped house cat.

What's worse was, I was looking for my cat in the Croydon area and one friendly neighbour around here had to make sure I wasn't the Croydon Cat Killer when I was trying to crate other cats I thought was my cat, because of this 'whatever/is it real?' Croydon Cat Killer, I did worry about my lost cat just that little bit more because 'what if that Croydon Cat Killer's real and out there killing cats'. So happy he's home and happy and in one piece. The kitten even ripped opened the catnip I bought as a donation today at the Cat's Protection League when I returned their trap tonight as I  was in anther room with my just got in new cat who's only now learning his new forever home and myself and the kitten, as this new kitten also learns familiarises herself with ragdoll mix; I have a ragdoll mix and a siamese mix kitten; one black/black, the other black/brown.
  • Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited July 2019
    No updates on the cat; I take it he got one up on you again   I can just picture this going tits up where somehow you’re the one who ends up in the cage
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    It's not been around since it escaped the trap - not even heard him yowling.

So it's either because it's too bloody hot, or the trap scared the bejeesus out of him and he's not coming back to our area. Slightly concerned the only available cat shelter for him is being held until Saturday.... and I'm away up north with work until then.

Will have to see what happens when I get back; currently thinking of just keeping our boys in when this stray usually came around (i.e. between 8am and 10am, and 9pm to midnight), to see if we can get him then.

Bloody thing.
    edited July 2019
    Fairly bloody typical in my experience.
    Hope you manage to catch the little devil before the shelter place expires, it'll be better for him too.
    Or, if he has been spooked by the earlier encounter, then you might just have seen the back of him?
    Fingers crossed for you.

edit: forgot the 'catch'...
    edited July 2019
    I've experience in cat catching this past month, the key is to gain this cat's trust through food and your scent; leave out plastic bowls of food. Before you put food down, rub your hands/fingers all over the plastic bowl as plastic retains smells better than ceramic... A cat's mind will smell your scent on its food and give your scent a positive association and this will build the cat's trust in you.
    This won't catch the cat, but it will give you a fighting chance of getting the cat to come to you so you can grab it/put it in a crate.
    That and a trap and patience.

The f*cking arsehole re-appeared yesterday morning, and really viciously attacked Dave (my cat). Such an aggressive cat, it broke branches off the potted magnolia we have. Poor Dave is really quiet now.

We've locked Dave in a bedroom since then, and the other two are indoors as well. Have re-armed the trap now, placed chicken in there, weighed it down, and sprayed it with Feliway natural cat pheremone spray.

I really hope we catch the bastard in the next few days, as we're away for a fortnight soon - and I can't have it keep attacking Dave while we're not around.
    Oh shit, I'm really feeling your frustrations here.
    You'll have a cat sitter for your holidays, can they manage the 'under siege' situation while you are away?
    Oh shit, I'm really feeling your frustrations here.
    You'll have a cat sitter for your holidays, can they manage the 'under siege' situation while you are away?
    That'll be my Mum - she can't stay, and will only be popping in once / twice a day. She's nearly 80, so don't really want her to have to try and coax Dave out from the tree, and deal with an aggressive TwatCat...!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Trying a different approach today.

Ordered a net off Amazon, and 15 metre rope. Have set the net on the ground with a lot of tuna in the middle. The rope is tied to each order, and then round a branch of the tree above it.

I'm sat in the lounge, working from home, with the rope next to me - ready to pull it hard if the Bengal appears and takes the bait.

Then it'll be on with the gloves, and shoving him inside the cage and getting him over to this lady.

That's the theory anyway....

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:

Ordered a net off Amazon, and 15 metre rope. Have set the net on the ground with a lot of tuna in the middle. The rope is tied to each order, and then round a branch of the tree above it.

I'm sat in the lounge, working from home, with the rope next to me - ready to pull it hard if the Bengal appears and takes the bait.

Then it'll be on with the gloves, and shoving him inside the cage and getting him over to this lady.

Any better luck? :+1: 
    FarleyUK said:

Any better luck? :+1: 
    Nope - the little sh!t hasn't been around since Sunday, when he attacked Dave.

Let Dave and the others out all night, just to see what happens. Didn't hear any fighting, so hopefully they're OK!
  • FarleyUK said:
    ...TwatCat...!
    'TwatCat' - That made me lol.
    Spoke to the lovely little lady at that cat rescue centre; she's had to give the reserved pen to a stray cat and her kittens, which is fair enough.

However... her husband has built a smaller cat run over at a friend's farm - it's designed for 'difficult' cats. The lady said that, as it's not part of the cattery, we're very welcome to bring TwatCat over once he's caught, and he can go in there to become domesticated.

They will also sort out blood tests and neutering on him as well, plus worming etc.

What a brilliant person - seriously impressed! I'm just relieved there's someone actually willing to help me and my boys, especially after the utterly useless people at RSPCA and Cats Protection want sweet FA to do with it.
    edited August 2019
    FarleyUK said:
    Spoke to the lovely little lady at that cat rescue centre; she's had to give the reserved pen to a stray cat and her kittens, which is fair enough.

However... her husband has built a smaller cat run over at a friend's farm - it's designed for 'difficult' cats. The lady said that, as it's not part of the cattery, we're very welcome to bring TwatCat over once he's caught, and he can go in there to become domesticated.

They will also sort out blood tests and neutering on him as well, plus worming etc.

What a brilliant person - seriously impressed! I'm just relieved there's someone actually willing to help me and my boys, especially after the utterly useless people at RSPCA and Cats Protection want sweet FA to do with it.
    As long as they scan it as well to make sure they're not dealing with a run away who has a loving home somewhere.

Cats Protection helped me last month with their big/heavy humane cat trap they loaned me (which ended up catching another missing cat that looked like my cat) before somebody else phoned me up after seeing my poster and brought me my cat... RSPCA only would have came out if the cat was injured, which, is what it is, I guess their resources are stretched.
    FarleyUK said:

As long as they scan it as well to make sure they're not dealing with a run away who has a loving home somewhere.

Cats Protection helped me last month with their big/heavy humane cat trap they loaned me (which ended up catching another missing cat that looked like my cat) before somebody else phoned me up after seeing my poster and brought me my cat... RSPCA only would have came out if the cat was injured, which, is what it is, I guess their resources are stretched.
    Yeah - but as detailed above, it's NOT from a loving home; it's from a home with people that haven't given 2 sh!ts about the cat for over 2 years.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Cats protection are great, I fostered through them until my cat decided he was going to stay and be adopted.
    Hoping your going to catch the little sod anyway and watching this thread in anticipation.