TC Third Dimension any good?

What's Hot
gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
Or is it cheap crap?

Looking for some cheesy 80's chorus for recording with plenty of character and not worried about build quality etc, never played an original but always seem to like the modelled versions I come across. 

Also don't really want to go into a shop to try out a £30 pedal.

So is this just a bit of junk or will it do what I want or am I better off just using some of the modelled or DAW based effects than this?

It sounds good in the demos I've heard
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    Other option is the Corona Chorus.  There is a Toneprint for the Dimension C, so you can get that but have a lot more flexibility overall.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    Had mine for about a year and absolutely love it - nails the 80s chorus sound. It can be quite subtle with just 1, but can get quite heavy with all 4 buttons pressed. Doesn't do the typical swirly chorus, which I like, since it's not really my thing.

The construction on it is great, and for £30, it's a no brainer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11564
    tFB Trader
    Kind of copied from the Boss Dimension C?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    Pretty much, except without the stereo feature. For some people that's a deal breaker, but then the Waza Dimension C is a lot more expensive. Someone on Reddit said both sounded very similar, and I'm sure there's a comparison on YouTube.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    The TC version allows multiple buttons be depressed simultaneously, with the Boss it's a single choice. I had one briefly but the on/off button was very noisy so returned it. The sound is near identical (mono only on TC ver).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Yeah it's pretty great, for £30 you can't really go wrong. There's defo usable sounds in it.
  • crunchman said:
    Other option is the Corona Chorus.  There is a Toneprint for the Dimension C, so you can get that but have a lot more flexibility overall.
    Yeah the corona is cool and so is the Line 6 M5 one. I try to stick in as much analog stuff as I can when recording at home because I use IR's and other digital stuff so looking for something that has a little bit of unpredictability I guess
  • jpttaylor said:
    Had mine for about a year and absolutely love it - nails the 80s chorus sound. It can be quite subtle with just 1, but can get quite heavy with all 4 buttons pressed. Doesn't do the typical swirly chorus, which I like, since it's not really my thing.

The construction on it is great, and for £30, it's a no brainer.
    Sounds good to me!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293

Behringer did a Dimension C copy for years and this is part of the tc range that's based on the Behringer range that was based on Boss.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    JezWynd said:
    The TC version allows multiple buttons be depressed simultaneously, with the Boss it's a single choice. I had one briefly but the on/off button was very noisy so returned it. The sound is near identical (mono only on TC ver).
    Just when switching you mean?  Nearly got one of as a backup for my original DC-2, although it would probably outlast the TC
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    If you want a cheap Dimension C then keep your eyes open for a Behringer CC300 Chorus Space-C.
    It is identical.
    I don't mean, "it's close."  It really is identical.  I have both.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Grunfeld said:
    If you want a cheap Dimension C then keep your eyes open for a Behringer CC300 Chorus Space-C.
    It is identical.
    I don't mean, "it's close."  It really is identical.  I have both.

I just checked eBay and they are selling for close to £100 lmao

I love it when discontinued Behringer stuff turns into cult classics. Like the Vintage Delay dooda
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 145
    edited July 2019
    bought one cheap from here, for the price its really good
    my other suggestion has already been made L6 M5 - you can go stereo with it if thats your thang
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    I may be wrong but there was a very detailed TPS episode where they (surprise surprise) went into the minutiae and technology behind why they clones weren’t true clones. Sorry I’m not being very helpful but it was actually a really interesting explanation if you can find it. 
    How very rock and roll
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    This is a good demo 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    roberty said:
    JezWynd said:
    Just when switching you mean?  Nearly got one of as a backup for my original DC-2, although it would probably outlast the TC
    Not sure what you mean but with the TC you can have multiple buttons depressed simultaneously and have a sound that's the sum of each. All the selected buttons will remain depressed (you don't need to keep them held down).
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Just got one today, haven't even plugged it in yet but I'm impressed by the build quality. I don't run a stereo rig and I'm not an audiophile so I doubt I'd even be able to tell the difference between this and the DC2.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    I'm very tempted by these and not exactly bank breaking either
  • FenderishFenderish Frets: 47
    TC is close enough on a mono sound but lack the stereo wchich is a good part of a proper Dimension-C sound