SORTED - Best 'band in a box' pedal for songwriting?

What's Hot
CastroCastro Frets: 512
edited August 2019 in FX
Ladies and gentlemen

I have been using a Nux Loop Core for basic drum patterns to assist my songwriting. The drum patterns are limited and the tone of them isn't great but it does allow 99 loops to be saved and is very easy to use.

What is out there that would offer lots of different drum patterns, realistic drum tones, the option to save your loops.

I know I could read online reviews but I'd rather get recommendations from musicians who are regularly using the gear.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    It's a tricky one it seems. Have you tried using your acoustic top as a drum through a looper? Can work really well. 
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Thanks for the idea @Fuengi but I'll primarily be using electric guitar and effects.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I’ve got a trio plus for just this purpose. Haven’t written any songs with yet though lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6798
    iPhone and Drum studio, or Rock DM or Jam Maestro or Drum session. Then record into looper. Infinite options for loops. Jamman stereo and others can record from a 3.5mm input.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6798
    mrkb said:
    iPhone and Drum studio, or Rock DM or Jam Maestro or Drum session. Then record into looper. Infinite options for loops. Jamman stereo and others can record from a 3.5mm input.

Looks like your Nux Loop Core is a RC3 clone, so should be able to record from a 3.5mm aux input. You can then use phone/tablet/computer to get great drum tracks in there to jam with.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Digitech Sdrum?
  • Digitech Trio+?

I came across while I was trying to find the old digitech multifx which had an 8 track recorder. 
    I think there is a bit of a gap in the market here, it would be handy to have a pedal that can physically input drum beats and loop them using your guitar. Not a system that learns you chord progressions and creates a drum loop to suit.

I was hoping the new Boss SY-1 would have it but looks like it doesn't. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Fuengi said:
    I think there is a bit of a gap in the market here, it would be handy to have a pedal that can physically input drum beats and loop them using your guitar. Not a system that learns you chord progressions and creates a drum loop to suit.

That's why i suggested the Sdrum as it copies what you put in rather than picking the closest match from preset patterns like the Trio does
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Isn't that Beat Buddy thing useful for this purpose?
    Beexter said:
    Fuengi said:

That's why i suggested the Sdrum as it copies what you put in rather than picking the closest match from preset patterns like the Trio does
    Ah! I didn't know that the SDrum did that, might be what I'm after. Cheers.