Arnold

What's Hot

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow, didn't know any of that.

Every now and then I go through an arnie 80s marathon, it's always good fun and the films are often better than they're credited. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Can't see the vid now as I'm at work, but I read his bio a few years ago. Young life and bodybuilding - fascinating, film stuff - fascinating, Governor stuff - a bit heavy going at times but still interesting. 

What I did take from the book, and also many other places is that he is a fabulous guy. He would make a great president although their rules would never let him be.
  • I'm not a big autobiography fan generally, but Arnie's was a fascinating read. Seems like an absolute top bloke.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    He always came in for a lot of flak for his acting (or lack of it) but he suited his chosen roles perfectly. It's not like he was cast in any Shakespeare plays.
    Seems like a decent, grounded sort of chap without the enormous Hollywood ego of most of his contemporaries.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    edited July 2019
    He’s done to pieces of solid work as an actor recently, Maggie and Aftermath. Which are worth checking out. 

I really think they should remake the Sam Peckinpah film Cross of Iron, with Arnold in the James Coburn role as the German Sergeant He’d be a shoe in for it along with Tarantino directing.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Sassafras said:
    He always came in for a lot of flak for his acting (or lack of it) but he suited his chosen roles perfectly. It's not like he was cast in any Shakespeare plays.
    Seems like a decent, grounded sort of chap without the enormous Hollywood ego of most of his contemporaries.
    I’ve always thought his best film was Last Action Hero, in which he brilliantly sends up the genre and himself.

But his definitive film is, and always will be, the original Terminator. The funny thing is that he initially auditioned for the part of Kyle Reese... until James Cameron took one look at him and immediately cast him as the cyborg.

I like Conan The Barbarian a lot too - it’s a bit silly, but he’s perfect in it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    I liked him in Rambo
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    ... Layne.

Didn't he have a strange hobby? Collecting clothes or something?

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    I liked him in Twins.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    ICBM said:
    Sassafras said:
    I’ve always thought his best film was Last Action Hero, in which he brilliantly sends up the genre and himself.

I like Last Action Hero too, although it was a flop and seems to be generally regarded as a bit of a dud.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Philly_Q said:
    ICBM said:
    Sassafras said:

I like Last Action Hero too, although it was a flop and seems to be generally regarded as a bit of a dud.
    I preferred True Lies 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Philly_Q said:

Probably because it's too clever for most of the people who liked his previous action films .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    I'm not a big autobiography fan generally, but Arnie's was a fascinating read. Seems like an absolute top bloke.
    serial sexual assaulter.  top bloke
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    I'm not a big autobiography fan generally, but Arnie's was a fascinating read. Seems like an absolute top bloke.
    serial sexual assaulter.  top bloke
    I know he had an affair with his maid but i admit, i missed any of that? 
  • ColsCols Frets: 6988
    He’s a fantastic testament of what can be achieved starting from nothing with keen intelligence and an almighty work ethic.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6988
    Also, True Lies is the best Bond film ever.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-archive-schwarzenegger-women-story.html

Dont get me wrong hes still a hero of mine.  We all make mistakes
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I love Twins, it's a great feel good 80s movie, and I have a soft spot for Kindergarden cop - My first date with the Future Mrs A and also the first ever time I plucked up the courage to ask a girl out!

I\d say his best films are T1, T2 , True lies and Predator
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited July 2019
    All of his films are good. Even Hercules In New York.

Bye!