Cheap Volume pedal advice

ellangusellangus Frets: 250
Considering buying a Volume pedal.

It won't get a load of use, I'm wanting to experiment using it with a lap steel.

I've seen a Bespeco VM12 / VM14 on Amazon for around £25 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the cheapo stuff as opposed to the quality gear like Ernie Ball etc.

All advice welcome :-)
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    The Bespeco is OK - it's virtually the same as the Boss FV-50. It won't stand up to a lot of hard use but it's fine for occasional stuff. You may need to put a buffered pedal before it since the impedance is only 100K, which is low enough to soften the top-end a bit. The Boss comes in both low and high impedance versions, you need the high if you're not buffering it.

Avoid the really cheap ones with the jacks on an angled panel in front of the pedal, those are truly junk.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• joetelejoetele Frets: 949
    I've got a JHS (John Hornby Skewes) stereo volume pedal which was originally around £30 which was quite good - it's got very soft ratchets on the taper so that it stays put when I take my foot away. It's not as good as your high end stuff but it does the job. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    I have the Caline Wah/Volume combo - was only £41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12LaaaQySc

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>