Eventide Time Factor, are they any good?

Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3466
edited July 2019 in FX
I hate the Digital Delay on the Timeline, it's Shit with a capital S...read, too dark.

The demos I'm hearing sound great, and I like the immediacy of the controls all at hand on the unit, as much as it's tempting to go for an H9. Also quite tempted by the Space.

Sad thing is, you won't find them for live nor money on board these days, any reason why? Thoughts? Any owners?
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I had one years ago. They're  pretty cool if you want a digital delay - I especially liked the lower bit rate, 'vintage digital' sounds. Analogue delay sounds from it are a bit flat, but if that's not an issue...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26869
    Yes, probably still my favourite delay. They’ve never been cool with the Instagram pedalboard crowd but it’s a properly good professional unit and that sounds great. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26549
    edited July 2019
    No. The delay sounds are fine, but there's no analogue dry-through and no proper delay trails (after switching, the trails take on the character of the new preset, which can make a right mess of a live performance). The digital delays are fine (but not exceptional compared to a lot of stuff out there these days), but the filtered and analogue delays are bloody awful.

Also, it absolutely needs an isolated power supply (it doesn't play well with others), and it'll need a polarity reversal adapter too.
    <space for hire>
  • That explains a lot. Thank you. I appreciate the input guys, thanks.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Empress echostation for me or Strymon Dig both awesome. Had the H9 brilliant pedal the delays are equally as good as Strymon but i found it a pain to use live without midi. The dry thru thing isnt a deal breaker theres no real difference in tone bypassed its on many pros boards for a reason