Anything BRILLIANT on Netflix?

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    if you fancy something international, "The Typewriter" is very good.
    5 episode horror series.
    In English (Indian production)
    Reminded me that they did have the French film Populaire on Netflix at some point ( it features typewriters). Beautiful, beautiful film. 
    They also had the Adele Blanc Sec film, which is essentially if Indiana Jones was a beautiful French woman who took her clothes off from time to time. 
    Last French thing I watched on Netflix was the  Frozen Dead series, it's a bit of a standard thriller but I quite liked it.
    I have tried some of the comedy specials ( back to English now) but they seem a bit flat somehow. Not quite sure why. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 950
    A NZ film called Housebound - sort of like a horror/comedy/thriller, entirely unique and wonderful. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    Stranger Things, Godless, Mindhunter, Dark, The Last Kingdom, The Crown, The Alienist, Jessica Jones, The Sinner, Our Planet, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Altered Carbon

• notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    edited July 2019
    A good topic for debate The Great Hack is worth a watch.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    The Foreigner
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    +1 The Great Hack
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7024
    edited July 2019 tFB Trader
    Godless is the best thing I've seen on TV ever.

Also good up to a point were Snowfall and Get Shorty but gave up part through series 2 on both when they started to get repetitive
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    The Santa Clarita diet is good fun and quite gory
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    PhilW1 said:
    The Santa Clarita diet is good fun and quite gory
    You want gore? last night I watched The Bad Batch, what the actual f#&k???
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Fargo is brilliant.

Designated Survivor is quite good entertainment, though not exactly hard-hitting or realistic!
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited July 2019
    Last French thing I watched on Netflix was the  Frozen Dead series, it's a bit of a standard thriller but I quite liked it.
    @EricTheWeary - am currently binging on the Bernard Minier books that this was adapted from.  Frozen Dead is the first book, there are two more.  If you haven't read them they're worth a go.

The TV adaptation takes liberties with the storyline (I haven't watched them all yet!) and Vincent is too old on-screen, but still good procedural crime fare I thought.

Plus the scenery's not too shabby.

Edit - spotted him who played Simon in The Returned, typecast as the slightly slimey, angry man.  Probably a nice fella in real life. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    randella said:

Edit - spotted him who played Simon in The Returned, typecast as the slightly slimey, angry man.  Probably a nice fella in real life. 
    I really enjoyed The Returned, superb Mogwai soundtrack as well. 

I'd like to think in real life he's even angrier and even more slimy.  For television he has to show restraint. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Godless is the best thing I've seen on TV ever.

Also good up to a point were Snowfall and Get Shorty but gave up part through series 2 on both when they started to get repetitive
    I loves Get Shorty 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    Anyone mentioned Black Spot yet? A wee bit different from your average European police procedural with slight tinges of Twin Peaks - beautiful shot too.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • Hacksaw ridge was good. Brutal, but good. 
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1018
    If you don't mind subtitles then the Chalet is worth watching 
    “Ken sent me.”
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    edited July 2019
    My wife loves " Jane the Virgin" she giggles through an episode or two each night :-) I'm more a Peaky Binders Chap myself  but Stranger Things Season 1 was simply epic . . . Did anyone see OA Season 2  . . Weird doesn't quite cover how bizarre that was  . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    randella said:
    @EricTheWeary - am currently binging on the Bernard Minier books that this was adapted from.  Frozen Dead is the first book, there are two more.  If you haven't read them they're worth a go.

The TV adaptation takes liberties with the storyline (I haven't watched them all yet!) and Vincent is too old on-screen, but still good procedural crime fare I thought.

Plus the scenery's not too shabby.

If the books are in French that'll be beyond me! 

I downloaded the series to watch whilst I was away in France so we weren't that far away at one point. Yes, nice scenery for sure. It leaves things open for another series so hopefully that'll come at some point. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited July 2019
    If the books are in French that'll be beyond me! 

I downloaded the series to watch whilst I was away in France so we weren't that far away at one point. Yes, nice scenery for sure. It leaves things open for another series so hopefully that'll come at some point. 
    Lord no, I read them in English.  Mrs R. read one in French, but where she studied the language to degree level, I stopped after school 26 years hence which is why my skills are limited to 'hello' and 'another beer, please'.

Sounds like a nice holiday.  I could do with a week in France right now.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12351
    Forgot to mention Ozark - that's also brilliant.