MXR 117 Flanger owners: how are you sticking it to your board?

GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
Because the battery compartments sit proud don't they.
And I thought I'd neatly attach two bits of Velco on the door lids of the compartments.
Wrong move!
The Velcro sticks the lids fast to the board and the lids come out of the compartments and the compartment shells come out of the flanger.
Save me re-inventing the wheel please.
How are you managing to get this pedal to bloody well stay on your board?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I have the EVH version, stuck to my board, if i recall-i think i made up some pads of M-F velcro to use as risers. Just cut some equal length strips of M and F velcro and put sticky sides together. You could always double up if you need more height, 
  • What I've been doing with my Boss pedals is taking the baseplate off, wraping velcro around it (avoiding the screwholes) so that the sides of the velcro are essentially inside the pedal, and then re-attaching the baseplate. Might work for you too, judging by the pictures of the 117.

Bye!

• Oh wait, no. I see.

That's kind of garbage.

Bye!

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited July 2019
    Cheers.
    Yes, it certainly is a bit problematic -- if you put Velcro on those plastic battery trays you're in trouble cos your pedal falls off the board while your plastic trays remain firmly attached!
    I am going to go with the MF Velco risers as per @andy_k  ; EDIT - Yep, that works.  Kind of obvious once you see it.  Cheers!
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I wouldnt trust velcro, as a long term solution anyway. Once I get comfortable with the layout on my boards, I use cable ties to secure everything .