He's back. Back Again....,

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Cant we just leave this chap alone.  We have been down this witch-hunt before.  if you don't like his stuff don't buy it.  He clearly has an audience for his products and he's doing something that he enjoys.  Isn't that what we all strive for?

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    A bit of a disaster but nobody is forced to buy his work. Has he got a YouTube channel? He could get loads of subscribers if he made videos of conversions being performed and explaining his thought process.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2253
    Can't we just leave this chap alone. 
    I agree. Don't go bullying him through the anonymity of other internet.

I'm sure we'd all get upset if he were to publicly criticize us and then others "jumped on" too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    This one IMO, seems to be his finest work

What's going on here? 

A section of the soundboard at the soundhole is missing.  Something seems to be stuck with gaffa tape as well. 

What has the bridge been plugged with?  Probably best not to know. 

There seems to be a gap between the neck and the fretboard

All for just £219.

A bargain.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-neck-acoustic-perfect-learner/192958998172?hash=item2ced40a69c:g:emsAAOSwNrNdDhSo
    Way too much time on your hands! :)
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    I'm happy to ignore him, but every time I search for a strat with a conversion neck (Gibson scale), I get this joker's creations. He's made the "conversion" keyword a cursed one.
  • I was looking at peavey predators /raptors and came across his wide neck conversion the other day, when I saw the nut it gave me the creeps . I seem to remember we got banned from mentioning him any more or was that on bass chat. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    I was looking at peavey predators /raptors and came across his wide neck conversion the other day, when I saw the nut it gave me the creeps . I seem to remember we got banned from mentioning him any more or was that on bass chat. 
    Not here, it sounds like a Basschatty thing to do.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3983
    If he was just doing it in the comfort of his own home/garage no one would know about it and thus no one would be commenting, once they're up for sale then they're also up for comment. I can't see how there should be a quality level below which you're immune from criticism.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Adey said:

I'm sure we'd all get upset if he were to publicly criticize us and then others "jumped on" too.
    Criticisising his butchering of guitars and selling methods is completely fair game.

Further, the one in the OP has a fake Fender logo applied, which makes it illegal to sell.

If he chooses to post videos of himself playing, then critiquing that is fair game too.

For me the line is where the comments get personal and step over into insults.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10324
    tFB Trader

prowla said:
    Adey said:

Criticisising his butchering of guitars and selling methods is completely fair game.

Further, the one in the OP has a fake Fender logo applied, which makes it illegal to sell.

If he chooses to post videos of himself playing, then critiquing that is fair game too.

For me the line is where the comments get personal and step over into insults.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I've always thought of him like a english eccentric. His sale prices given the quality of his work is a pisstake though. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    He has zero self awareness though.
    That must be nice, in a way- a bit like being dead, it is only painful for other people.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12359
    octatonic said:
    That must be nice, in a way- a bit like being dead, it is only painful for other people.
    Lol or wis? :)

I remember you offering him advice and even practical lessons and he turned it all down, he doesn’t even see any issues with his, ahem, skills. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    octatonic said:
    Why'd you have to bring Brexit into the conversation again.

:)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    It's good to see he's brought out a relic range- undoubtedly down to customer demand...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10324
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    It's good to see he's brought out a relic range- undoubtedly down to customer demand...

Jeez that's nasty ... er ... a blade Jazz Bass pickup (cheap ceramic Far Eastern) by the look of it ... interesting choice 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18717
    Can't see any problems with intonating the D & G strings on that bridge  ;)
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3983
    What's intonation, precious?
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    It's fascinating. I mean what the...why...how.....??
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    So he's knocking out guitars with shoddy craftsmanship, questionable tuning stability and asking over the odds for it... 

Gibsons been doing that for years... 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom