Help me please! HX FX problem

preston61preston61 Frets: 690
So after trying a few many hundred things I can't get my HX FX unit to be recognised by my macbook pro.

Every time I open the editor it just says "Helix Device not connected"

Some one put me out of my misery
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    Try a different USB lead if you have one, also are you connecting it while it's on? If so switch it off, connect it up then switch it on or if you doing that already try it the other way round, make sense? I've had this issue before although not with a mac.
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 237
    And a direct connection, no usb hub in between computer and unit.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • Try see if the line 6 updater recognises it if so do the update?
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Direct USB,  tried 2 different cables, switching off and then connecting and switching on, all unsuccessful 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    99% certain software needs updating on HX unit or the Line 6 software. 

Make sure you are logged in and registered on the L6 website.
    I'm using firmware 2.80.1, and the latest line6 updater, what am I missing?? Thoroughly confused 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 959
    Where do you live? If you are close to another use who has updated then you could take your unit and try it on their system.

Maybe some weird glitch that's on your computer. 

My webcam is recognised by one of my USB ports but not the one next to it even though that one works for everything else. 
    It's not the end of the world, I can just make the amendments on the pedal itself, means I have to learn the different commands which will be more helpful in a live context
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Not a mac guy but when I've had that issue with my windows pc I just removed the helix from device manager and then let windows detect it and reinstall the drivers, is there a mac equivalent to this?

I did notice that there were a few people with usb issues when doing the update, not sure if any of them were mac specific, but it might be worth having a dig through some of the posts later on in this thread https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-2-8.2004443/

I thought I saw a thread with some usb troubleshooting for the 2.8 update on the Line 6 support forum too, but I can't find it atm.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Just in case you haven’t tried this, try uninstalling and reinstalling the edit software. I’ve had to do that once in the past and it did work. I know for the update it did stress not to use a hub of any kind. I had to cause my Mac only had usb c but seemed to work ok. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Ah, the joy of digital!
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 145
    not sure if it applies here but there was something about mac security settings not letting line6 software work/install unless you specifically went in and allowed it to

Thanks everyone, I'll give all these suggestions a go at some point soon.

Just to be clear, no hub, just straight in to the MacBook.

It's not a deal breaker, I can still just use the actual unit to change things and what I've already been able to create would've cost me silly money with individual pedals. Seeing as update 2.8 only seems to have added drives and things I don't use I might go back to an earlier version and wait until something I really want comes up in a firmware upgrade