Pedaltrain - height extensions?

Rooster2710Rooster2710 Frets: 8
may I ask for advice from the great and the good..

have a PT nano plus and tried b&q stoppers and spray glue to make it approx 10-15 mm higher to give clearance for my Cioks power supply.. but my handiwork wasn’t the best and they keep falling off and being all sticky!!

would prefer not to drill out the existing feet...

help?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Have you got the right size stoppers? Mine are just wedged on without glue and stay there. If you want to go down the glue route, Gorilla Glue seems very strong whenever ive used it.
    Alternatively, you could try a Velcro strip along the underside of the Pedaltrain and a Velcro strip along the edge of a wooden battern. Put them together and you have a raised and slanted board.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6848
    Easier to lower your floor mate. 

But on a more serious note: 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/cioks-mounting-kit-pedaltrain-mounting-kit-ckptkit?lgw_code=16284-CKPTKIT&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI04vdt-Td4wIVVeDtCh2NHw43EAQYASABEgKvvPD_BwE

Thats supposedly a kit for your exact predicament. 
    £9 too. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4178
    I always think someone should knock up a flat extension to the front of a pedal train if you wanted to fit something like a Boss ES8 or GigRig G2 on the board
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3377
    edited July 2019
    skunkwerx said:
    Easier to lower your floor mate. 

But on a more serious note: 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/cioks-mounting-kit-pedaltrain-mounting-kit-ckptkit?lgw_code=16284-CKPTKIT&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI04vdt-Td4wIVVeDtCh2NHw43EAQYASABEgKvvPD_BwE

Thats supposedly a kit for your exact predicament. 
    £9 too. 

I bought some of these to raise my Pedaltrain board so that I could fit a DB11 loop expander underneath it. I did look at sourcing similar feet and rivets via ebay or Amazon, but in the end it was easier to just buy the Cioks kit with everything included.

Fitting them requires drilling and refitting with a rivet gun. It really isn't that hard though - there's even a YouTube clip showing how to do it.

The only issue I had was that part of the old rivet fell inside the board and I didn't realise until after I'd put the new feet on. Net result is that my board rattles a bit when I pick it up. No big deal though.

You can see the new feet at the top of the pic below....

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5354
    Which Cioks PSU?  The DC5 should fit underneath a Nano+ (just) as long as you're happy to drill the board and use the screws to attach it, rather than using velcro/cable ties.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Can’t remember where I got the rubber feet for my nano now (space for t-Rex junior power supply) but they look similar to the stock ones and I just superglued them on to aforementioned stock ones. Problem solved.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 663
    I bought extra rubber feet and just added them on top of the original ones to give me extra clearance.

have a look at my rebuild thread:
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/126229/pedalboard-rebuild#latest