Modulation

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I really want a Supro trem and a vibe of some kind. That'll complete the set, hopefully!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3018
    On my main gigging board, I’m managing to get all my modulation needs from my Boss DD500 delay.  I’m using it for perfectly acceptable chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo and even organ sounds, which is a bit mental considering it’s a delay pedal.

Off the main board I’ve got an Ibanez FL1 flanger, Boss ph1r phaser and Marshall Regenerator, which pretty much keeps me content.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    In a covers band I use Reverb, Delay and Chorus quite a lot and Phaser, Tremolo and Wah on the odd song.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31571
    I like having something I can basically use as another instrument and get down and freaky from time to time. 
    This is what I do, I have an EHX C9 on my gig board, for when I want phrases to jump out of the mix with more authority than simply a "more guitar" button. 

So I guess I do have some modulation, if you count Farfisa organ overdriven to hell.
    :)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    One at at time for gigging, always got one of each to decide what I for a gig.
    Vibe is the only one which I buy, love, can't make work on stage, sell... and then buy again.
    Love the sound of a vibe but can't quite get it right.
  • I prefer a modulated delay or modulated reverb.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I think that flangers sound better with a chorus placed after. While some might say, "well, why not use an Electric Mistress?", it's something altogether different. You still get a nice, flangery flanger, but lose any harsh, metallic tones and get added whooshy harmonics.

The effect is less pronounced with a phaser->chorus combo, but I still like that a lot too.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • I’d be interested to hear the new Boss MD200. It would be handy to have pretty much all the modulation bases covered in one pedalboard slot.
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    edited August 2019
    Boss BF2 with all the knobs cranked adds a nice subtle flange.  ;)
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Zoom MS70 CDR covers most of my modulation needs as if i need modulation,  its normally just one type. I can't think when I've used more than 1 type but if i need to,  the Zoom can easily accommodate. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    It depends what I'm doing. So the pop/funk stuff needs chorus or flanger if you are emulating the originals. Country etc. might use a chorus but more likely a tremolo. Rock might have use of a rotary/vibe and there is always room for a Wah.
    I have concluded that you don't need expensive hand painted pedals in the main (can you believe this guff) and a Boss or whatever is very practical.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    I have a chorus, dimension chorus, flanger and phaser.  Cannot get enough mod!
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    They had a cool blended modulation thing on that pedal shows "dans board". 
    I'll agree it sounded nice. But still maintain that all audience hear every bit of modulation  as "a bit of wobble" 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    I just have a Pickle Vibe on my board to provide wobble and swirl when needed, which with my covers band is probably one or two songs in a gig.