Any thoughts on how I can get something similar to this pitch-bend effect?

What's Hot
Okay, here me out. I know it's a bit silly but I'm looking at whether I can get rid of my pitch-fork pedal from my board to save up some space. So I've got this ebow part here. I play it with a slide to get a kind of fretless pitch-bend effect.

https://soundcloud.com/sloppiestholes/drew-ebowslidepart

It's all good up until 1:04 where another voice starts to come in. It's the pitch-fork set to 50/50% blend, with a 5th being added. I'm using an expression pedal to go between unison and the 5th, so essentially I'm bringing in a harmony throughout the section and I'm doing it in real-time, it's not an overdub. There is a huge washy reverb that is missing, but it demonstrates the part.

So what I'm wondering is, is there any way to get a similar effect from my other pedals? I'm doing a bit of a re-ordering and looking at my choices. My choices are:

Volante (probably not a go-er for any pitchy stuff)
Timeline (could the ICE mode do this??)
Big Sky (aiming to use for huge reverb, but could it do any pitch thing?)
MXR Reverb (has a 'pad' reverb mode but only does an octave)
DD500 (can't remember if this has a pitchy effect on it)
RV500 (think this is the least likely of the bunch)

I'm pretty sure that I'm up shit creek with this. I've written a part with a part specific effect, and pretty much use this pedal only for one song. There aren't any other pitch pedals on the market that have a blend control like the Pitch Fork does.

The Meris Hedra could probably do it, but it's bigger footprint wise, and I don't really use pitch effects that much. Saying that, I do also use the Pitch Fork as an octave down effect in the same song, still don't know how I'm going to do that in a live situation!

There is no time to switch the effect controls. Hmmmmm. So might even need to abandon the whole idea and get another pitch pedal lol!!!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7282
    helix :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Come to think of it, I can't be absolutely sure that it wasn't recorded with the Helix. lmao.

Bye!

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    squeeze a stomp onto your monster board!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DD 500 has pitch stuff on it. I’m using it for a POG like organ preset so presume that you could squeeze something out of it to suit you. I think it’s buried in the SFX delay type somewhere.

Given it’s flexibility, I’d be surprised if you can’t assign an expression pedal to bring in the harmony.
  • Doing some research it seems like the Meris Enzo could do all of this, as well as giving me a whole bunch of synth stuff to play with. When the Enzo is in dry mode it's basically a whammy. So with one of those and a preset switcher for it (or the midi IO block) I could maybe do all of what I need to do.

For this particular song I need to do the following:

- Old skool pad drone (was gonna do it with Ableton Live and get the drummer to play to a click)
    - Arpeggiated sequences (was gonna do it with Ableton Live and get the drummer to play to a click)
    - Blended pitch whammy controlled with expression pedal
    - Blended octave down

I think the Enzo would cover all that, and would keep what you're hearing tied to my playing. Hmmmmm.

Bye!

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    I think the Meris Hedra will do it too, been too busy to really explore all the capabilities yet