Belated NGD. Gibson Les Paul Special TV Yellow 2019.

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 910
edited August 2019 in Guitar
I was interested in ordering a Les Paul Special from Ivison guitars but couldn't run to the asking price, sorry Neil. So ordered this fine example from Peach Guitars. The build quality is excellent and it plays superbly and its super resonant. I've already upgraded the pickups to a set of custom wound  Oilcity Jingos  Alnico 2 no wax potting. There was nothing at all wrong with the standard Gibson pickups but not really keen on Alnico 5's. The wraparound bridge is supposed to be alloy but isn't so will probably be ordering a Faber replacement.  I've also added Gibson knob pointers to make more 50's looking.
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markjmarkj Frets: 910
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
     Very Nice! :)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    That looks great, Gibson can still make excellent guitars when they try. I’d love one but I must sell a few guitars before buying anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Don’t you use Faber bridges on your guitars Neil ?
    tFB Trader
    markj said:
    I do, I use their bridges, studs and anchors. The aluminium wraparound is the closest in construction, weight and, crucially, sound to the originals that I’ve found so far. I’ll wager you’ll hear a marked improvement over the current bridge. @GluedtoMusic will be able to sort you out :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    That is absolutely beautiful. I'm properly jealous!
    markj said:
    I do, I use their bridges, studs and anchors. The aluminium wraparound is the closest in construction, weight and, crucially, sound to the originals that I’ve found so far. I’ll wager you’ll hear a marked improvement over the current bridge. @GluedtoMusic will be able to sort you out :)
    What would I hear in difference.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Fantastic. Enjoy :)
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 651
    Very nice, I've still not had a chance to try one of these am very curious to what difference there is between these and the 2016 Japanese propriety ones they made...
    tFB Trader
    markj said:
    markj said:
    I usually find that I can hear more clarity, note definitions and top end ‘zing’ from the Faber bridges. 
    (formerly miserneil)
    markj said:
    markj said:
    I usually find that I can hear more clarity, note definitions and top end ‘zing’ from the Faber bridges. 
    Just ordered one up.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    That is gorgeous!

One of my favourite guitars.
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    That one looks incredible.
    edited August 2019
    Had a junior before but really did miss a neck pickup. Just fine tuning the pickup heights at the moment, it does sound superb.
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    I'm not a Gibson fan anymore but that is something else.

Really very nice indeed, happy NGD.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Ooh nice.
    edited August 2019
    markj said:
    markj said:
     Very Nice!
    I do, I use their bridges, studs and anchors. The aluminium wraparound is the closest in construction, weight and, crucially, sound to the originals that I’ve found so far. I’ll wager you’ll hear a marked improvement over the current bridge. @GluedtoMusic will be able to sort you out
    Just replaced the Gibson wraparound bridge and studs for a set of Faber bridge and studs.  Quite a large difference, it brings the guitar alive with more clarity and sustain and as you said Neil more note separation. What height do you set your P 90's on your guitars Neil ?
    tFB Trader
    markj said:
    markj said:
    markj said:
     Very Nice!
    I do, I use their bridges, studs and anchors. The aluminium wraparound is the closest in construction, weight and, crucially, sound to the originals that I’ve found so far. I’ll wager you’ll hear a marked improvement over the current bridge. @GluedtoMusic will be able to sort you out
    Just replaced the Gibson wraparound bridge and studs for a set of Faber bridge and studs.  Quite a large difference, it brings the guitar alive with more clarity and sustain and as you said Neil more note separation. What height do you set your P 90's on your guitars Neil ?
    Good news - glad my advice isn’t just a load of old guff! ;)

Regarding P90 heights, it’s all down to personal taste really, I like the Bridge at least as hot as the Neck so I try and set them both accordingly.
    (formerly miserneil)