Chemtrails??

What's Hot
WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
edited August 2019 in Off Topic
In the last couple of days, I have become aware of people mentioning the word 'Chemtrails' and being curious, I looked it up and realised that they were talking about 'Contrails'...or were they? It appears that the latest conspiracy is that aircraft are purposely emitting 'Chemtrails' during flight in order to change the weather, alter society in some way or even control our minds according to some.

Anyway, I decided to call one of these conspiracy guys out and got into a nonsensical discussion about coolant leaks and chemicals of different types being ejected from aircraft. I showed him a picture of B17's over germany in 1944 trailing condensation and if you know your aircraft, you'll know that the B17 was neither a jet or had a liquid coolant system. I also showed him a picture of the shuttle with its contrails and then told him that the shuttle used no engines post orbit.

The latest is now that some Americans believe that Donald Trump has solved the 'Chemtrails' outrage and that their skies are now clear.

Look up @ ni_skies on Twitter for the full conspiracy.

I am now blocked at no surprise to myself!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It is interesting, huh? I find conspiracies interesting but don't engage with them.

Have you seen the flat earth documentary on Netflix? Eye opening stuff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 583
    They aren't a problem anyway.  All you need to do is put vinegar into a sprayer and spray into the sky.  This will clear the chemtrails within a couple of hours.

(I know ... I know ... it makes me weep too)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 986

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    This isn't  new, chemtrails have be around for a long time sadly. 

People with mental illness or a desperate need to be a part of something will gravitate towards conspiracies occasionally, doesn't matter what it is or how nonsensical it is some people will believe/promote it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The trouble is with conspiracies, is that because most of them sound far fetched and are attached to by complete nutters, it's very hard to identify ones that are actually true and that we should be concerned about
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22718

As conspiracy theories go, it's a particularly boring one.

Aliens and assassinations are more interesting.  And flat earth has more comedy value.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Yeah chemtrails are old.. You'd think Amurcans had enough on their minds.
    Must be something in the water - if they ain't Evangelising they're Conspiracising
  • Philly_Q said:

As conspiracy theories go, it's a particularly boring one.

Aliens and assassinations are more interesting.  And flat earth has more comedy value.

There is a really sad scene in the flat earth doc on Netflix where a child is attending a conference with his parents, and he is applauded for telling the teacher of the class that they were wrong about earth being a globe. 

It sounds funny, but there is something ever so slightly sinister in it. It doesn't encourage critical thinking or analysis. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

I'm a member of a conspiracy club.

You won't believe what our first rule is....

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    Flat earthers, chemtrail believers and others are pretty sad. Not as sad and destructive as antivax though. Facebook and youtube have a lot to answer to in making the world dumber and scarier.
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited August 2019
    There are people who will formulate a conspiracy theory out of anything, ignoring evidence that refutes it and engaging in confirmation bias. 

“What the thinker thinks, the prover proves”

Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    Compared to some, chemtrails is actually one of the more ''sensible'' conspiracy theories out there. There are some class A nutters on the web.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    edited August 2019
    It may have blown up as a popular nutter theory, but the Chinese have done it for something as trivial as the Olympic games. So taking hindsight of modern history into account, there is nothing to suggest that there are zero govs/companies out there with an interest in manipulating the weather either.
    It may have blown up as a popular nutter theory, but the Chinese have done it for something as trivial as the Olympic games. So taking hindsight of modern history into account, there is nothing to suggest that there are zero govs/companies out there with an interest in manipulating the weather either.
    true, tho IIRC at the heart of the theory is that they are a form of mind control, along the lines of vaccines, fluoride in water etc.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    The entire world is cooking itself, everything is dying out, and everything is run to benefit a tiny number of extremely wealthy people.

That's what we KNOW, so I find it hilarious people think that much less harmful things are somehow kept secret...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    The entire world is cooking itself, everything is dying out, and everything is run to benefit a tiny number of extremely wealthy people.

That's what we KNOW, so I find it hilarious people think that much less harmful things are somehow kept secret...
    it's interesting that most conspiracy theorists believe climate change to be a conspiracy theory.It seems the more evidence there is for something, the less likely it is to be real, and the less evidence there, the more likely it is to be true.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    What people don't realise is conspiracy theories are used by a shadowy world government as a way of limiting population growth, ie: stupid people are more likely to die sooner than intelligent people.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    lysander said:
    Flat earthers, chemtrail believers and others are pretty sad. Not as sad and destructive as antivax though. Facebook and youtube have a lot to answer to in making the world dumber and scarier.
    Facebook and YouTube have little to do with it, humans have always been gullible idiots, it's just now these idiots can reach a higher audience, but then so can the people selling the truth,... And which one gets the most views...? 
    lysander said:
    Facebook and YouTube have little to do with it, humans have always been gullible idiots, it's just now these idiots can reach a higher audience, but then so can the people selling the truth,... And which one gets the most views...? 
    it's a fun debate, is there more stupid in the world, or have we just developed better methods for detecting the stupid.