Fender aby pedal misbehaving

mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
edited August 2019 in FX
Hi, I have one of the above cheap and cheerful pedals. Used maybe half a dozen times from new, and now it plays both amps whatever the setting. How can that be???? It doesn't do anything! Any ideas? Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    edited August 2019
    Sounds like a switch has gone and its stuck in both amps mode. 

Do you plug the guitar into the input middle socket and then one amp in each of the side sockets?

Never actually used one, but these passive switchers should be wired pretty darn simply, so can't think of anything else that could be up except a broken switch. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Sounds like the A *and* B switch is stuck. It can't be the A *or* B switch since a switch like that can't fail in a way which would leave both sides on.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers chaps, I will give it a dose of switch cleaner and a jolly good waggle