SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Orville Les Paul for Sale - £525 SOLD

What's Hot
wineredwinered Frets: 78
edited February 2020 in Guitars £
Mid nineties Orville Les Paul Standard for sale £550     £525

I have owned this guitar about 10 years now. I got it from a dealer and it still had protective film on the scratchplate and truss rod cover and rear control covers. It didn't seem to have been played much then. I believe it was made in 1995.
It weighs about 9lbs and has not been modified in my ownership apart from when I had the pickups wax potted. This was done because they were too microphonic for live work with a Marshall amp.
I bought a Gibson R8 a few months ago which I am happy with so the Orville needs to find a new owner. I would keep it but I haven't enough space and there's some car expenditure in the pipeline.
The neck is quite slim, definitely smaller than the R8, (which being a 2017 model has a 59 profile I think) but bigger than my 1974 Les Paul Special.
I'd decribe the colour as heritage cherry sunburst. It's a little darker than the pictures make it look. There's no flame to the maple but some nice grain patterns are visible. The plastics have mellowed a bit with age as has the binding.
I have gigged it so there are a few small dents and light scratches on the back. The frets are very slightly worn but do not need any work as far as I am concerned.
It sounds great with the original (as far as I know) Japanese pickups, which are not high output - similar to the R8 really, though they have slightly more bite to them.
You're welcome to have a look, I am in Leicestershire.
I don't want to post it so you'd need to fetch it or I could possibly meet somewhere not too far away.
There's a hard case with it.
Cash on collection or paypal gift would be good.Price drop - £525

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments