Musikraft Blackgaurd Necks - Any experience?

What's Hot
https://musikraft.com/product-info.php?pid182.html

Musikraft have started doing 'accurate' blackgaurd necks based on the measurements from the nacho book. I've had musikraft necks before and the quality is great but this range is a fair bit more money. Anybody who's bought one able to comment?

Lewis
Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
  Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    Paging @chris78...
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9271
    Yup, I’ve had 3. These are based on Nacho Banos’s measurements from the blackguard book. I believe Nacho was involved as well with musikraft. They’re cnc made to get the measurements as close as possible then hand finished.
    They feel nothing like a Fender u that they put on custom shop stuff. Personally, I think they’re way nicer. My favourite was broadcaster 0038. Really heavy v, huge neck but super comfortable.

My only gripe with these was that my last neck from musikraft was a flame and was badly warped. They don’t offer warranty so they weren’t interested.

However, I would order one again. I built a brilliant broadcaster clone with one of these necks. Someone in Edinburgh who I think worked for red dog music brought it from me. I have no idea to this day why I sold it and I doubt the guy who brought it will ever sell it, based on his impressions when he got the guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazing! @chris7 That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for your feedback :)

Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    The nacho link seems to be down so not clear how to find the specs
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    edited August 2019
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    I've an MJT Blackguard with Musikraft neck than I bought from Dan on this Forum.......... it's a Musikraft copy of a 1951 Blackguard serial number 0514.........I absolutely love it.........it's a soft V.
    I love it so much that I recently bought Zoolooter's Musikraft neck that he was advertising on here. Haven't built it onto a guitar yet but it feels very similar.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    edited August 2019
    chris78 said:

My only gripe with these was that my last neck from musikraft was a flame and was badly warped. They don’t offer warranty so they weren’t interested.
    I’m not sure what the legalities are with them not being a uk company but at best that’s piss poor customer service and no way to run a reputable business.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22725
    edited August 2019
    chris78 said:
    I've never bought anything from Musikraft, but I've been tempted, mainly because they make a '70s style neck with a bullet truss rod.  I hesitate, mainly because their website doesn't seem to be updated very often and isn't particularly user-friendly.  I didn't realise there was no warranty.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    edited August 2019
    I own a musikraft blackguard partscaster. Assembled it myself using a soft V early 51 style neck and one of their blackguard bodies. It's one of my favourite guitars. I liked it so much I was ready to order a second one with a hard V neck and I did.

After a good number of weeks had gone by with no news I decided to email them and got a response back saying the neck was nearly finished.

I patiently waited for their email confirmation stating the neck and body were being shipped. It never came, so I went on holiday.

One month later I decided to check back with them. They tell me the neck had been shipped (the day after I had previously emailed them), hit customs, but I never payed for it, so it was going back to them. And that I could have it if I repaid the shipping costs again and waited for it to arrive and be shipped back.

I told them they never warned me about shipping, so I had no way to guess I had anything waiting for me at customs. They told me  I could go to the website for updates on shipping. Fair enough... but for any of my previous purchases (which had been a few) they had always notified me.

They did not care... admitted over email it was their error, but were unwilling to make it right. In the end I opened a dispute with paypal. They never responded to it, so I was fully refunded. They even went as far as asking me over email to close the paypal dispute, but still refused to ship it back to me unless I paid for the full shipping again.

A shame, I think their blackguard repos are great, the customer service was not good. They were borderline rude and arrogant. Probably will avoid using them again.  But in all fairness I have to recommend their necks/bodies, to anyone who wants to build a blackguard replica.

They are quite nice and definitely accurate to that particular era of Fender.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can testify, I built a Jeff beck Partscaster, his serial number was 1056, so gave that to number to musikraft and was rewarded with the most fantastic U - bat neck, i friggin loved it. though it would be too much but darn it i loved it, so comfy. They really do what they say.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    Not a Broadcaster but I have one of their Franky necks and it's wonderful. I'll be using them again for sure.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Can’t fault the quality and, their prices including shipping and import costs are decent. If you asked CS Fender to spec out a blackguard neck or any other, I’m guess you’d be in the £500 territory before shipping and duties. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9271
    Philly_Q said:
    chris78 said:
    I've never bought anything from Musikraft, but I've been tempted, mainly because they make a '70s style neck with a bullet truss rod.  I hesitate, mainly because their website doesn't seem to be updated very often and isn't particularly user-friendly.  I didn't realise there was no warranty.
    Only if you have the neck unsealed by them. I did as wanted someone else to paint properly and relic