HX Stomp as ABY for 2 amps?

What's Hot
smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
As per title, can this be done with no issues? 

Anyone any any advice on best/simplest way to set this up? Probably just be going dual-mono, but would also like to have a muck around with stereo effects and wet/dry as well
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Just set the output block to hard left, right or centre depending where you want your signal.  You can set it per preset, per snapshot, or use a control footswitch or expression pedal to do it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    So I’m guessing I have the two paths, one for output one/right, and one for output two/left?
    edited August 2019
    So I’m guessing I have the two paths, one for output one/right, and one for output two/left?
    No, no need to do that (although you could).  The very last block is a 'free' block i.e. it doesn't count as one of the 6 blocks you can, use is the output block (little circle on far right in image below)

Here you can set the level and pan, so if you had three snapshots you could set one to pan left, on right and one down the middle

See P 18 of the manual

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Cool, will check it out and have a look at the manual too.

Cheers bud

• JotaJota Frets: 464
    I do that with snapshots.
    3 snapshots: A, B and both.
    Just had a thought, use an expression pedal to control the pan block then you can have a totally variable mix of all amp A, all B or anywhere in between 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jota said:
    Hey man....can you pleas explain how I set this up? I’ve been faffing around for about an hour trying to do this without any luck 
    Jota said:
    Hey man....can you pleas explain how I set this up? I’ve been faffing around for about an hour trying to do this without any luck 
    Sure.
    Go in the output block, press the output knob and turn it. Letters should turn white. It's now assign to snapshots.
    Set the snapshot 1 for 100 left, snapshot 2 for 100 right and snapshot 3 to Center.
    Save it.
    Ah, didn’t realise I had to do the whole press and hold thingy. Got it now, cheers man!
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    Ah, didn’t realise I had to do the whole press and hold thingy. Got it now, cheers man!
    Hey,smudge lad,have you got the Stomp running into 2 amps yet ?,if so have you any ground hum problems ?.
    I'm trying to do a similar thing with a TC Nova(left/right to 2 marshalls),but i'm getting chronic hum when both amps are running.
    GrahamG said:
    Hey,smudge lad,have you got the Stomp running into 2 amps yet ?,if so have you any ground hum problems ?.
    I'm trying to do a similar thing with a TC Nova(left/right to 2 marshalls),but i'm getting chronic hum when both amps are running.
     Yeah man, got it running. Not sure if there’s more him/noise than I normally get with just the one amp, maybe a wee bit. Not sure if there’s any way around it? :(
    GrahamG said:
     Yeah man, got it running. Not sure if there’s more him/noise than I normally get with just the one amp, maybe a wee bit. Not sure if there’s any way around it? :(
    Thanks,i think there are purpose built boxes(Radial/Lehle)but they are too expensive for old people =) ,so i'm going to try lifting an earth on one of the signal leads(amp end),i'll let you know how it works,if your interested.
    Unless I kill myself while i'm trying it :# .
    GrahamG said:
    GrahamG said:
    Thanks,i think there are purpose built boxes(Radial/Lehle)but they are too expensive for old people =) ,so i'm going to try lifting an earth on one of the signal leads(amp end),i'll let you know how it works,if your interested.
    Unless I kill myself while i'm trying it :# .

Cool, please do
    edited August 2019
    GrahamG said:
    GrahamG said:
     Yeah man, got it running. Not sure if there’s more him/noise than I normally get with just the one amp, maybe a wee bit. Not sure if there’s any way around it?
    Thanks,i think there are purpose built boxes(Radial/Lehle)but they are too expensive for old people ,so i'm going to try lifting an earth on one of the signal leads(amp end),i'll let you know how it works,if your interested.
    Unless I kill myself while i'm trying it .

That's a big risk.
    Having hum with two amps is unfortunately very common. Try to connect everything, including the Pedalboard, to the same outlet.

Jota said:
    GrahamG said:
    GrahamG said:
     Yeah man, got it running. Not sure if there’s more him/noise than I normally get with just the one amp, maybe a wee bit. Not sure if there’s any way around it?
    Thanks,i think there are purpose built boxes(Radial/Lehle)but they are too expensive for old people ,so i'm going to try lifting an earth on one of the signal leads(amp end),i'll let you know how it works,if your interested.

That's a big risk.
    Having hum with two amps is unfortunately very common. Try to connect everything, including the Pedalboard, to the same outlet.

Hi,Jota.thanks for jumping in,is taking the ground off one Signal lead,taking a big risk ?,I don't mean taking the ground off the mains lead of one of the amps,is this a no no ?.
    GrahamG said:
    Jota said:
    GrahamG said:
    GrahamG said:

That's a big risk.

Hi,Jota.thanks for jumping in,is taking the ground off one Signal lead,taking a big risk ?,I don't mean taking the ground off the mains lead of one of the amps,is this a no no ?.

Oh, sorry. That should be fine.
    I've been running two amps for years at home but I have the privilege of playing them pretty loud so the hum doesn't bother me much.