Received bad feedback on eBay for refusing PayPal on collection only :(

What's Hot
Anybody else suffered this? 100% feedback for over 15 years ruined.

I explained to him fully why I wouldn’t take PayPal for collection only on a guitar and he accused me of being a scammer and that he would have no protection if he paid cash. What protection might he require on a £300 guitar which he could have tested in person. Some people...
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

I explained to him fully why I wouldn’t take PayPal for collection only on a guitar and he accused me of being a scammer and that he would have no protection if he paid cash. What protection might he require on a £300 guitar which he could have tested in person. Some people...
    Can't you get Ebay to remove it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:

Can't you get Ebay to remove it?
    I'll certainly try.  I avoid posting stuff because of annoying buyers.  Might just skip Ebay completely!

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Sounds like he could be the scammer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Sounds like he could be the scammer.
    Certainly what I thought.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1174
    Yep, sounds like he's the scammer. Recently had something similar on reverb as well.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Your feedback will go back to 100% in a year. I don’t think people are too concerned about it being 100% these days. It happened to me too when a guy in Estonia bought a £10 Xbox game and then never paid so I cancelled it. He neg’d me. I should’ve probably waited a few more days so it was my own fault.
  • Well, bloody hell, got Ebay to ring me and it was resolved in five minutes.  Apparently, it will be removed

Buyer was madamepaul, if anybody wishes to avoid him.

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Well, bloody hell, got Ebay to ring me and it was resolved in five minutes.  Apparently, it will be removed

Never ever trust a fucking drag queen.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

19reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Well, bloody hell, got Ebay to ring me and it was resolved in five minutes.  Apparently, it will be removed

Never ever trust a fucking drag queen.
    Hahaha, I did wonder  =) 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    As other have said he sounds like a scammer. With cash on collection he had every opportunity to check the guitar out, it’s not as though it’s a 1959 Les Paul that needs authentication.
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    I hate eBay selling. Unfortunately, it’s a big market, and sometimes if stuff isn’t shifting you’re left with little option.

I really hate the way it’s so skewed to protect the buyer. Every item I sell, I’m just sitting around for a few days for the lame ‘buyers remorse’ message asking for a refund like I’m a shop!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    yep no question Ebay selling is so much worse than it was even 3-4 years ago. Clearly on its arse too otherwise they wouldn't have all the £1 max selling fee offers. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
    I think it's also a matter of paying by paypal being more normal these days. Back in the day, collection was understood to be cash on collection but in the last few times I wanted to buy a guitar I was told no cash on collection, the excuse was that they don't feel comfortable having that much money on them. The guitar is still for sale, 6 months later, I'd still prefer it but I ended up getting something else. I guess the snowflake generation would prefer paypal to be able to change their mind a week after they bought the guitar if they don't bond with it. 
    Hydra19 said:
    I think it's also a matter of paying by paypal being more normal these days. Back in the day, collection was understood to be cash on collection but in the last few times I wanted to buy a guitar I was told no cash on collection, the excuse was that they don't feel comfortable having that much money on them. The guitar is still for sale, 6 months later, I'd still prefer it but I ended up getting something else. I guess the snowflake generation would prefer paypal to be able to change their mind a week after they bought the guitar if they don't bond with it. 
    I've never understood this.
    I always feel a lot more comfortable with a lot of money on me.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • finest1finest1 Frets: 94
    Ebay customer service is quite good. you need to phone them up and talk to someone. I had something similar, and I got it lifted
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited August 2019
    If you can’t get bad feedback removed, I’ve always thought the best thing to do is to put in your public response “Hey dude, I was so happy to resolve this for you in the end - sorry about the confusion! Shame you can’t alter your feedback but never mind, at least you got the unit safe and sound in the end!” Or something. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    If you can’t get bad feedback removed, I’ve always thought the best thing to do is to put in your public response “Hey dude, I was so happy to resolve this for you in the end - sorry about the confusion! Shame you can’t alter your feedback but never mind, at least you got the unit safe and sound in the end!” Or something. 

Or "That dildo was in perfect condition when it left here".
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe he wanted to keep his options open re potential refund.

Maybe he's just a sh!te.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I don't think he's a scammer I just think he's a very very cynical/sceptical buyer. I only pay via Paypal and if I can't pay via PayPal I won't bid on it. I thought eBay rules were PayPal only (or certainly used to be) so maybe he's just living in the past a little.
    I certainly wouldn't leave feedback on it though :)

Glad you got it sorted
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5628
    Sassafras said:
    Hydra19 said:
    I've never understood this.
    I always feel a lot more comfortable with a lot of money on me.
    A little off topic but I recently had a tradesman do a couple of jobs on the house, he was a typical do-it-for-cash kinda guy but would take other payments at request (and higher price).  

I got talking to him and he says he has so much cash in his house he doesn't know what to do with it, he says it's nice to count it once in a while but he can't spend it - nobody wants cash anymore.  He said he could fritter it away on rubbish but to buy anything meaningful with cash is next to impossible.  He was apparently laughed out of the showroom when he tried to buy a new van with cash!  

Mind you, even I would be a bit suspicious of a duffel bag full of used twenties!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom