SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Patrick Eggle LA Pro II - 1993

merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
edited October 2019 in Guitars £
Here is an absolutely gorgeous example of a Patrick Eggle LA Pro II from 1993 that I recently snaffled from @RevMatt. It's an amazing thing but I can't fully bond with it as I was expecting a much larger neck and this is on the slimmer/faster side.  I like chunk. In every other respect this guitar for me is an absolute treat and I was looking for one for ages....

Spec: 
- Body: ash, with one piece figured maple 'drop top' 
- Neck: maple, with an ebony fretboard and 24 frets 
- Tuners: locking Sperzals 
- Bridge: Wilkinson / Eggle PE100 Fastshift 
- Pickups: Custom designed single coils made by John Diggins 
- Controls: volume / tone / 5 ways blade selector 

It's a dark blue/green, more green on the back, but probably more blue from the front and at some angles almost looks black. The 1st and 3rd pictures probably represent the colour the best. 

As you'll see, it is a stunning guitar, and it plays beautifully. It comes with the original Eggle branded Hiscox case, and the owner's tag and card with the classic misspelled "Some things are just to good to be without" . It has the original strap buttons and truss rod cover refitted, not the ones in the pictures. 

The condition of this guitar is remarkable - it really appears to have had very minimal play time with no dings or scrapes anywhere. There is a bit of pick swirling in the glossy finish, a couple of tiny scratches from stray string ends on the headstock and a couple of tiny indentations if you look closely, but genuinely close to mint. Likewise the case is also in very good condition. 

Now sold for £850 plus delivery. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments