Fender Elite Stratocaster

Contemplating a fairly new 2016 Fender Elite Stratocaster ... Any thoughts, comments? For example the truss rod adjustment 'wheel' at the pickup end, this seem(ed) a short lived feature as later Strat models have the truss rod back up-top at the nut end. Are there issues with this arrangement? The 'new-improved-wonderous' noiseless pickups, are they the answer to single coil hum?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3045
    I have a couple of guitars with the wheel type truss rod adjuster and it just makes truss rod adjustments so much easier. No down sides.

i love the Elite Strat. Very nearly bought one but I found a guitar that was better suited for me.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10200
    I have a blue one. It’s a fantastic guitar. I have custom shops, vintage and I play it all the time. I changed the pickups out to humbuckers though. 
  • grayngrayn Frets: 880
    One of the best Strats I have played.
    Prefer the HSS models though.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Honestly I've come around to the notion that the best strat sound has a decked 6 screw trem.
  • gary_macgary_mac Frets: 66
    I've worked on a couple of these and have been very impressed.
    I love the wheel type truss rod adjuster. I've seen way too many U.S. Strats that have had the 1/8th truss rod adjuster completely ruined by an someone wielding a metric hex key.