CTS Push Pull in SG?

What's Hot
TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
edited August 2019 in Making & Modding
Will one of those PCB style CTS Push pull pots fit in an SG? The Sixstringsupplies website says allow 1" which looks like it'll just about squeeze in but might end up bulging the control plate out a bit which would probably end up annoying me. Can the plastic bit be filed down at all? 

Failing that are there any good push pull pots which will fit? Looks like there is a lower profile CTS SPST, will that do the job?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    It will fit (assuming it’s a Gibson/Epiphone) Don’t try and put  4 in there though. That’s not fun. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    If the push-pull is required for coil splitting and/or phase reversal duties, it might be simpler to keep the original pots and use a Freeway 3x3-03 six-way selector switch instead.
    Be seeing you.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    It will fit (assuming it’s a Gibson/Epiphone) Don’t try and put  4 in there though. That’s not fun. 
    It'll just be the one on the bridge tone pot for now. Is the 1" height stated on your website a generous measurement then? As my cavity is a bit shallower than that by a mil or two.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader

You need to add 1mm typically if you are using the tooth washer which sits between the pot and the guitar.
    Looks like it won't fit - apologies, I've never come across that before.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Balls, looks like the CTS SPST might be a bit of a squeeze as well. 

The cavity in my SG is a bit over an inch deep total, but the bit where the cover plate rests on is a bit under so I'm going to assume the DPDT one won't fit or at least be a very tight fit - may just order one and try anyway. That 6 way switch seems a bit excessive for me.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 981
    I can't fit a freeway in my SG.  The routing is too narrow around the switch.