SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted - Middle-aged, disillusioned, enthusiastic amateur bassist - South London/ North Surrey

Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
edited November 2020 in Personnel
As per the title we are looking for a bassist (occasional drummer), paragraph below stolen from our drummers ad.

Want to play but not ready for doing Stones’ covers down at The Legion? And, most important, do you fancy making a bit of a racket with similar? Two guitarists and a drummer looking for a bassist that wants to do what a bassist does best! Ideally one who fancies drumming a bit too so we can switch around a bit. 

Most importantly it's all for fun, nothing serious, just enjoying playing, we try to meet fortnightly(ish) and currently just jam and throw some ideas together, sounds wise think think Brian Jonestown Massacre, Wooden Shjips, 13th Floor Elevators, Spacemen 3 etc but also creeping into heavier ambient noise fairly regularly!!!

Anyone fancy it?

Position filled
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    edited June 2020
    Due to toys being thrown possibly by lockdown madness we find ourselves without a bassist again, so if anyone fancies Friday evenings in the studio with us (studio is back open again), mostly just having fun but also working on some original stuff and the odd cover whether it be The Clash, Sabbath or whoever then give me shout
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    IT sounds like a laugh and I could be tempted. Where do you meet? 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    Redlester said:
    IT sounds like a laugh and I could be tempted. Where do you meet? 
    We use a studio in Morden so the end of the northern line if using the tube also parking isn't an issue if driving  
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Pm'd