Pre-wired set of pots & caps for Epi Les Paul?

What's Hot
Does anyone here know where I could get a pre-wired set of pots & caps for an Epi Les Paul?  Built using good or the best available components.  My eyesight is no longer up to the task, hence the need to get a slot in package.  Alternatively what are the best pots & caps to get if I were to take the guitar to a tech to do the work for me.  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    Our very own @sixstringsupplies ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    One word of caution.

The holes drilled through the cap of the Epiphone Les Paul are probably the correct diameter for budget Metric "dime" pots. They may require reaming out to accept professional quality replacement parts. Masking tape is your friend.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I have some Gibson control harnesses available on the aluminium plates if that helps anyone

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Well eventually I bought a pre-wired controls kit also a pre-wired selector switch from @sixstringsupplies. Off today to get a tech to install same in my Epi LP. My eyesight is no longer good enough or I would have fitted them myself. Less excuses for dodgy playing...........
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The guitar has been left in the shop where the tech will do the work. One thing though is that a cased Epi Les Paul is heavy. I had to carry it about 1 Km and that was far enough!  Far enough to make me consider purchasing a decent gig bag. Even though I don’t actually gig with my LP....

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24269
    I got my Les Paul harness from https://www.mojopickups.co.uk/

Good quality and well assembled. Their order book is currently shut, but shouldn't be long.
  • I can highly recommend OilCity pickups for both of those. I have the 50s wiring harness too which is very well made 
    I only got to collect the guitar the day before yesterday.  Illness, central heating system problems, inclement weather etc all contrived to prevent me collecting it after the pre-wired pots and switch etc. were installed.

I could not wait to get it home and give it a few strums.  Tonally it has become 'cleaner' and the tone controls less sudden and more even as they are rolled back.  It feels like and sounds like a different guitar.  More Gibson like than Epi, the snarl of the bridge pickup and the woody flutey tone of the neck pickup is more evident than before.

Very happy with the work.  Thanks to @sixstringsupplies for the upgraded controls and to the tech at SomeNeckGuitars in Dublin for installing them for me.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom