Spurs going slightly mad ...

TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
Ndombele and Clarke (who) already in.

Some impressive youth-team players emerging in pre-season, hopefully that's our League Cup team sorted out with them gradually moving into the first team via the subs bench.

Sessegnon now confirmed, Lo Celso in (loan-to-buy supposedly) and now Dybala close to confirmed too.

Dybala FFS!!

Add in Alderweireld and Rose both likely staying (accept that Eriksen is off if anyone's got a spare bag of smarties), and THFC  appear to be having a remarkable transfer window.

Kane, Dybala, Son, Moura, Dele, Lo Celso ... that's some attacking force.  Like to see them all on the pitch at the same time!

Ndombele, Winks. Sissoko (just don't let him shoot) ... midfield tied up tight.

Alderweireld & Vertonghen sort out the middle of the defence with Rose and Walker-Peters/Foyth  as wing backs, & Hugo to take the goal-kicks.

Dier, Sanchez, Lamela, Davies,  Parrot, Skipp, Tanganga on the subs bench ...

Do we have a team??!!
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    Aye, seems they're making up for all previous transfer windows! :D 

Forest seem to be signing anyone and everyone. 3 new signings alone yesterday, and about 7 or 8 in the last week or so, I'm sure. Not that it'll make a difference, when the new gaffa is shown his walking papers before Christmas :( 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    edited August 2019
    Still worried by KWP at full back. He doesn't have the physical presence yet, he's not strong enough. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    edited August 2019
    scrumhalf said:
    Still worried by KWP at full back. He doesn't have the physical presence yet, he's not strong enough. 
    Agreed.

Apparently options being considered are Foyth (after playing there for Argentina) and Sissoko.  No-one gets past Sissoko too easily and if he's at right back, that's a good long distance away from the opposition goal (ie, no shooting opportunities for him!)

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    As an aside, we have young Amos on loan at Q.P.R. and he looks very special...
    Scrub Dybala ....
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Aha, another Rangers fan! (Actually I think there’s a few of us here?) Looks like we’ve got a decent season ahead, Warburton has certainly made some interesting signings. I’m pleased to see Nakhi Wells back too, just keep him away from the penalty spot  :)
    edited August 2019
    Aha, another Rangers fan!  Actually i think there’s a few of us here?) Looks like we’ve got a decent season ahead, Warburton has made some interesting signings. I’m pleased to see Nakhi Wells back too, just keep him away from the penalty spot 
    boogieman said:
    Aha, another Rangers fan! (Actually I think there’s a few of us here?) Looks like we’ve got a decent season ahead, Warburton has certainly made some interesting signings. I’m pleased to see Nakhi Wells back too, just keep him away from the penalty spot  :)
    Whilst not a Rangers fan, they were my "second team" back in the days of Stan Bowles  & Rodney Marsh.  

I also think that Mark Warburton is an excellent manager.  He did wonders at Brentford a few seasons ago.  If he's allowed to get on with the job in the way that he thinks it should be done, and has a few  decent players around, then QPR could be in for a bit of a resurgence.
    TTony said:
    boogieman said:
    Whilst not a Rangers fan, they were my "second team" back in the days of Stan Bowles  & Rodney Marsh.  

I also think that Mark Warburton is an excellent manager.  He did wonders at Brentford a few seasons ago.  If he's allowed to get on with the job in the way that he thinks it should be done, and has a few  decent players around, then QPR could be in for a bit of a resurgence.
    They’re certainly well overdue for a better run. They seem to be one of those clubs that have either suffered with lack of investment or when there has been money available there’s been bad choices of manager or players. Warburton looks to be a decent choice, he’s not one to just throw money around on big name players (Mark Hughes anyone?) and has a good rep for bringing youth team players through. Fingers crossed for a better season than last term anyway. 

Funnily enough Tottenham are my second team @TTony although I’ve never really forgiven your lot for the 82 cup final.  =)