Donations for Ironman (please)

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
edited August 2019 in Off Topic
No, not Robert Downey, he's got enough...

As some of you may know, I'm doing an Ironman next weekend (with one good leg, I'll have you know )

I'm running it for personal goal achievement but also to try and raise some wonga for Macmillan. I've previously raised a couple of grand for them through other events, but would love to smash the £2k mark for this event. 

Cancer, as we can all agree, is shit, and Macmillan do genuinely amazing stuff for those going through it, and their families. 

If you can spare a few pennies, wonderful. If not, no drama at all, I know everyone's already been super generous for a lot of causes this year. 

Mods have sanctioned this by the way  

Oh and also as a disclaimer - I will be re-imbursed by Macmillan for some of the money raised - this is in lieu of them having to pay Ironman crazy fees for charity places to their races. I plan on using some of it to get the worlds longest massage when I'm back to help with my recovery and any left over will be going directly back to Macmillan as a lump sum donation. Full details are in the ridiculously long post on my JustGiving page. 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jonathaneve-imcopenhagen

Thanks in advance. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Done. Have a great time.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    ESBlonde said:
    Done. Have a great time.
    Thank you, sir. I’m not sure ‘great time’ is quite what’s coming my way...but I’ll do my best! 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    Done!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    Sorted, break a leg  ;)
    wibble said:
    Done!
    Blimey! Thanks Kev! 

Sorted, break a leg  ;)
    And thank you! 

so very generous 
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    **clink of coins going into tin sound effect**
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @joneve Can we track you during the event? I'm pretty sure it'll be possible. Good luck, forget the clock and just enjoy the experience. 
    @joneve Can we track you during the event? I'm pretty sure it'll be possible. Good luck, forget the clock and just enjoy the experience. 
    You can indeed sir. 

Download the Ironman App and I'm "athlete" number 1706. 

you'll want to get a few coffees in you early evening, as I won't be finishing til 11pm-ish probably :D 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    impressive, done
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joneve said:
    @joneve Can we track you during the event? I'm pretty sure it'll be possible. Good luck, forget the clock and just enjoy the experience. 
    You can indeed sir. 

you'll want to get a few coffees in you early evening, as I won't be finishing til 11pm-ish probably :D 
    wicked.
    There's a chap at my local triathlon club who competes for GB in the M45-49. Paul Lunn. He was showing off his ridiculous Specialized bike recently which is provided by the team! He's off to Hawaii soon for the World Champs. He was telling me that until a few years ago he used to drink and smoke quite a bit, even when he started triathlons.
  • @joneve ;
    1706 isn't called Jon Eve.....are you really David Hayward, aged 50-54 and from York?
    @joneve ;
    1706 isn't called Jon Eve.....are you really David Hayward, aged 50-54 and from York?
    interesting....I've obviously mis-read it :D 

one second. 

Hmmm. Just looking at the start list and I'm definitely 1706. It might have last year's race still on there and not updated with the start list for this year. 
    @roundthebend ;
    yep, they don't have this year's event updated yet. 

joneve said:
    You can indeed sir. 

wicked.
    There's a chap at my local triathlon club who competes for GB in the M45-49. Paul Lunn. He was showing off his ridiculous Specialized bike recently which is provided by the team! He's off to Hawaii soon for the World Champs. He was telling me that until a few years ago he used to drink and smoke quite a bit, even when he started triathlons.
    Fair play to him! Kona is not something I would ever consider trying to go for. It's too expensive in terms of time and money to keep competing at them! 

ThorpyFX said:
    impressive, done
    Thank you mate. 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Just done. Good luck and have fun. Looking forward to seeing a write up once you've finished. :)
    mcsdan said:
    Just done. Good luck and have fun. Looking forward to seeing a write up once you've finished. :)
    Thanks mate. I usually enjoy writing about stuff, so will definitely try and summarise the day if I can. Fingers crossed my leg holds out and I hear those words :) 
    Well. That was fucking hard work! 

but I can now, officially say, I am an IRONMAN. Which is pretty cool :) 

Managed to finish nearly 2 hours ahead of the cut of at 13hrs 48 minutes, which surprised me, given the bad prep I'd had in the lead up. So I couldn't have asked for much better, given the circumstances. 

Swim and Bike went exactly to race plan and the run was just 5 and a half hours of pure pain, pretty much. 

Copenhagen is a lovely (though expensive) city, and the people were very welcoming. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Incredibly well done matey! Time for a name change to IRONEVE!