So...it's getting serious, then.

What's Hot
My band just hired a PR company to take care of the album release for us.

Fuck, we'd better start behaving like grown-ups about it.
<space for hire>
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great news!

Fuck that, acting like a grown up is massively overrated. had a few months of that sorting my dead dad's affairs out. hated it!

Best of luck (not that you'll need it) looking forward to reading progress!

Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    Best of luck Lee will we be seeing the album on Spotify etc?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Not heard your stuff, do you have a link?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26560
    IMC1980 said:
    Not heard your stuff, do you have a link?
    Not publicly (it's not released yet), but I'll PM you...
    <space for hire>
    Best of luck Lee will we be seeing the album on Spotify etc?
    Yep, it'll be on all the major streaming services (as well as digital download and CD).
    <space for hire>
    Great news!

Fuck that, acting like a grown up is massively overrated. had a few months of that sorting my dead dad's affairs out. hated it!

Cheers
    Aye...we've had similar here - my wife's mother passed at the beginning of May, and then to put the boot in two of our dogs went in the last two months.

It's that sort of situation that has you wondering when an adult will walk into the room and tell you what to do...and then you realise that it's actually you.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27432
    edited August 2019
    will we be seeing the album on Spotify etc?
    aka, will the great unwashed be able to listen for free whilst destroying the potential livelihood of yet another group of aspiring musicians?

[edit]
    But  completely echo the best wishes - it's been a bit of a journey, so (a) really happy for you in getting it to this stage and (b) more than a little interested in hearing what you've achieved.  On Spotify and for free, naturally.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited August 2019
    TTony said:
    aka, will the great unwashed be able to listen for free whilst destroying the potential livelihood of yet another group of aspiring musicians?

LOL. To be honest, we don't really care about making money - we're all in our mid-30s to early-40s, so it's not like the band will ever make even a fraction of a) what we earn from day jobs, or b) the ludicrous amount of money we've spent on music stuff.

Accordingly...we just want lots of people to listen to our music.
    <space for hire>
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2573
    tFB Trader
    cool, now do you have a band link / facebook page etc?
    cool, now do you have a band link / facebook page etc?
    Yeah, we're just gearing up at the moment.

https://facebook.com/blackhawkdownuk
    <space for hire>
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Sweet, looking forward to it :)
    TTony said:

[edit]
    But  completely echo the best wishes - it's been a bit of a journey, so (a) really happy for you in getting it to this stage and (b) more than a little interested in hearing what you've achieved.  On Spotify and for free, naturally.
    I don't know about you but Spotify costs me £15 a month...
    TTony said:

[edit]
    I don't know about you but Spotify costs me £15 a month...
    Also, on that subject...the amount that Spotify pays out to artists is about $4.2bn - which is 22% of the entire global music industry revenue.

The problem isn't that they don't pay, it's that artists and listeners place wildly different values on the value of a single stream. Fact is...if you listen to a track on a CD album more than about 92 times during the time you own it (and about half that for a digital download), the artist has made less from you than they would've done if you'd streamed it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27432
    digitalscream said:

. Fact is...if you listen to a track on a CD album more than about 92 times during the time you own it (and about half that for a digital download), the artist has made less from you than they would've done if you'd streamed it.
    That's an interesting perspective.

Presumably because an artist only gets about 10% of the gross sale price of a CD if via record Co, etc?  Though that would mean that they receive ~£0.01 per Spotify play? 

What about the Bandcamp channel - I've always assumed that the artist got more of the ££s through that?

I don't know about you 
    Correct.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    I don't know about you 
    Correct.

Wait, I remembered.

I know enough that I can't write a response without breaking rule one even more egregiously than for some reason you are doing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    Back to the OP, and surely this is precisely the time not to start behaving like an adult?!

Now is the time for outrageous diva behaviour, demands for crazy riders, and loud cries of "Don't you know we're about to be famous?".
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    Snags said:
    Back to the OP, and surely this is precisely the time not to start behaving like an adult?!

Now is the time for outrageous diva behaviour, demands for crazy riders, and loud cries of "Don't you know we're about to be famous?".
    First sensible post here : )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great news!

Cheers
    Aye...we've had similar here - my wife's mother passed at the beginning of May, and then to put the boot in two of our dogs went in the last two months.

It's that sort of situation that has you wondering when an adult will walk into the room and tell you what to do...and then you realise that it's actually you.
    Yeah, still hate being called Mr. Wood That sounds way too grown up. deepest sympathies to you, the dogs alone would shake me to the core. 

Anyhow, sorry for the digression, more positive things, I hope you smash the opportunity and I'm properly looking forward to hearing your stuff!