NGD Traded in my Tele for... another Tele

What's Hot
FAR happier with this one. I just wasn’t getting on with the Classic Series Tele I had, and I’ve been looking around for something different, and then I discovered the Performer series: for an American Tele that sounds and feels this good to play, these are superb value for money. I love how punchy, bright and articulate the Yosemite pickups are, the tone and volume controls are very responsive and usable without wrecking your tone, and the satin-finished neck with RW fretboard feels so much more comfortable. It looks pretty bloody beautiful as well... 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    Would only have to play half as well as it looks gorgeous to be a winner 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    very nice, what's the name of that lovely colour???
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Nice man. Are these the ones that replaced the 'special' series? 

If so I bought an American special tele last year and love it! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    That does look nice. If I need a third Tele, I'd contemplate that.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Very nice tele, congrats.  
  • tony99 said:
    very nice, what's the name of that lovely colour???
    Honeyburst 

• skunkwerx said:
    Nice man. Are these the ones that replaced the 'special' series? 

If so I bought an American special tele last year and love it! 
    Yes, that’s right, Performer series replaced the American Special. These feel and sound more modern than a lot of the 50s vintage-focussed stuff, though not sure if the special series were designed that way (never tried one).

• Very nice tele, congrats.  
    Cheers!

• dazzajl said:
    Would only have to play half as well as it looks gorgeous to be a winner 
    Definitely plays as well as it looks.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Despite being one of the plainest guitars around, I still think the Tele is one of the nicest.
  • KDSKDS Frets: 220
    NIce.... love Telecasters. Best designed guitar ever, I have three and I want more. Well done George & Leo
  • Sassafras said:
    Despite being one of the plainest guitars around, I still think the Tele is one of the nicest.
    I’ve always loved the simplicity of the design.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    I was looking at these, both tele & strat, so good to here your positive view. I generally like A3 single coils which i think they have. I was worried the hardware was a bit crappy when a forumite said it wasn't the usual usa stuff ..? Worthy of a punt at this pricepoint though, happy NGD.
  • gordiji said:
    I was looking at these, both tele & strat, so good to here your positive view. I generally like A3 single coils which i think they have. I was worried the hardware was a bit crappy when a forumite said it wasn't the usual usa stuff ..? Worthy of a punt at this pricepoint though, happy NGD.
    Cheers! This series have the Yosemite pickups in them, think they might be a mix of alnico 4 and 5 in the Tele.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

That looks very nice.

I like modern playability (medium Jumbo frets and 9.5” radius), but suspect the modern C profile would be too skinny for me as I do like a vintage profile.  I should try one, good price for a USA guitar.
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1020

That looks very nice.

I like modern playability (medium Jumbo frets and 9.5” radius), but suspect the modern C profile would be too skinny for me as I do like a vintage profile.  I should try one, good price for a USA guitar.
    You might be surprised by the neck. I had an American Special and it wasn't too skinny at all. I think the jumbo frets made it feel much bigger than it actually was. 
    I currently have a Mim standard and the neck is definitely slimmer on this than the Special was. 

And nice one @BintyTwanger77 it's lovely. Enjoy! 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    What Classic Series did you have?  I've just bought a Classic 60s Tele, from 2008, but have yet to pick it up.

I tried the American Perfomer and the Vintera 50s Tele's and couldn't be doing with the pickups in either.  Hence the cheaper purchase which I can modify to suit.

Nice necks on the new ones though.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlw said:
    What Classic Series did you have?  I've just bought a Classic 60s Tele, from 2008, but have yet to pick it up.

I tried the American Perfomer and the Vintera 50s Tele's and couldn't be doing with the pickups in either.  Hence the cheaper purchase which I can modify to suit.

Nice necks on the new ones though.
    I’m not sure of the year, but it was the white blonde 50s, MIM, five-screw white pickguard, nitro rather than lacquer.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782

Cheers! This series have the Yosemite pickups in them, think they might be a mix of alnico 4 and 5 in the Tele.
    Correct, no A3 in sight. The strat is A4 & A2 !