how to remove scratches from a guitar

What's Hot
Hi Guys'
I'm repairing and setting up an acoustic guitar for a customer, he wants to know if I can remove some scratches from his guitar, what do you guys use to get rid of scratches? I have seen some guitar scratch remover online, but i was wondering if you guys use anything different for example car scratch remover, thanks in advance guys
Kaizer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    edited August 2019
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    If it's not too deep (ie you can't get your fingernail into it), you can try a bit of T cut or any other automotive paint cutting compound.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    What type of finish is it?

If you don’t know, what make of guitar is it?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Hi Guys'
    I'm repairing and setting up an acoustic guitar for a customer, he wants to know if I can remove some scratches from his guitar, what do you guys use to get rid of scratches? I have seen some guitar scratch remover online, but i was wondering if you guys use anything different for example car scratch remover, thanks in advance guys
    Kaizer
    Really?

If you've not done it before, I'd recommend stepping away and practising on some of your own guitars, or some other sacrificial  guitars, *before* experimenting with a customer's guitar.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
  • kaizersozakaizersoza Frets: 1
    edited August 2019
    thanks for the replies all sorted now, I have been using guitar scratch remover in the past £25, I just wondered if there was a better, cheaper product out there that you guys used, it would have saved me a lot of trial and error, I had heard about T Cut etc but I have never used it before, thanks again for the replies