NGD '59 Replica... pics and little vid...

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited August 2019
    monoamine said:
    Nice. Bartlett?
    Just to clarify, the carve is done using the copy carver as below... the copy top has been mapped from an original ‘56 not made from plans or bought in...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    Excellent,I'd be a very 'kin happy boy too.
    When logic and proportion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Nice one!

I'd be so much more interested in "NGD" posts if more included videos, after all guitars are to make music not to look at.

How did you manage to get the pickups flush with the mounting rings without the bridge pickup being much further from the strings than the neck pickup?

I think it makes it look so much nicer but I've never seen a guitar where it didn't result in a big difference between the pickup heights.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    thegummy said:
    Nice one!

I'd be so much more interested in "NGD" posts if more included videos, after all guitars are to make music not to look at.

How did you manage to get the pickups flush with the mounting rings without the bridge pickup being much further from the strings than the neck pickup?

I think it makes it look so much nicer but I've never seen a guitar where it didn't result in a big difference between the pickup heights.
    The pickup rings on the 50’s originals are taller than modern day jobbies. That’s why the bridge pup looks flush.

Tbh I haven’t adjusted the pickup height yet, bridge could do with coming up a smidge just for balance... 
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    Yeah don't know why I got any lols at all... There must be some real cool guys out there who can spot that it's obviously not a Bartlett from a mile off! But it's a really nice replica you have there either way, congrats
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    monoamine said:
    Yeah don't know why I got any lols at all... There must be some real cool guys out there who can spot that it's obviously not a Bartlett from a mile off! But it's a really nice replica you have there either way, congrats
    The lol’s are more a dig at me and the builder dude... wouldn’t worry about it... childish wankers with too much time on their hands!!! Treat it as a free fret count boost!... ;)
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    poopot said:
    monoamine said:
    The lol’s are more a dig at me and the builder dude... wouldn’t worry about it... childish wankers with too much time on their hands!!! Treat it as a free fret count boost!... ;)
    Maybe because you post NGD thread to get all the possitive remarks then change the title to New Replica Guitar? Is it replica,fake or counterfeit? I forget?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    sawyer said:
    poopot said:
    monoamine said:
    The lol’s are more a dig at me and the builder dude... wouldn’t worry about it... childish wankers with too much time on their hands!!! Treat it as a free fret count boost!...
    Maybe because you post NGD thread to get all the possitive remarks then change the title to New Replica Guitar? Is it replica,fake or counterfeit? I forget?
    It’s whatever you want it to be princess x x x
    9reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    thegummy said:

Yeah let us hear the tones!
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Sounds great,nice playing, why badge it as a Gibson when its clearly not.  I can understand why they get fucked off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    edited August 2019
    poopot said:
    sawyer said:
    poopot said:
    monoamine said:
    The lol’s are more a dig at me and the builder dude... wouldn’t worry about it... childish wankers with too much time on their hands!!! Treat it as a free fret count boost!...
    No, it's not a replica - it's categorically a counterfeit in every legal definition of the term.

For all those who've flagged this, we (the modmin team) are currently trying to decide whether to allow this kind of thread to be posted here, given that - regardless of the value - it's clearly the promotion of a fake. On a related note, I'd have thought that whoever made it would be a little more careful and advise discretion when it comes to photos of it, because - strictly-speaking - they are liable for prosecution for distribution of counterfeit items...and the guitar could easily be seized and destroyed by the authorities.
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
    poopot said:
    sawyer said:
    poopot said:
    monoamine said:
    No, it's not a replica - it's categorically a counterfeit in every legal definition of the term.

For all those who've flagged this, we (the modmin team) are currently trying to decide whether to allow this kind of thread to be posted here, given that - regardless of the value - it's clearly the promotion of a fake. On a related note, I'd have thought that whoever made it would be a little more careful and advise discretion when it comes to photos of it, because - strictly-speaking - they are liable for prosecution for distribution of counterfeit items...and the guitar could easily be seized and destroyed by the authorities.
    I think the flagging has more to do with who posted not what has been posted...

please feel free to delete the thread Lee!...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3983
    poopot said:

Are you somebody famous? Not that I flagged anything, but I did idly think to myself "weird that you can post that here but you couldn't sell it on here".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    prlgmnr said:
    poopot said:

Are you somebody famous? Not that I flagged anything, but I did idly think to myself "weird that you can post that here but you couldn't sell it on here".
    The rule about not selling counterfeits on here is to protect the forum from liability (ie providing the platform through which fakes are sold), not to protect the sellers. If people want to post about their fake guitars...for now, it's allowed on the basis that it's no different to threads about Chibsons (although that may change in the future...I need to do some research on the legals of it all).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I just do not understand why anyone ,with this much skill ,can produce such an awesome looking guitar then spoil it by putting a Gibson logo on it making it a counterfeit and therefore irrelevant . This is the most awesome les paul ive ever seen spoilt. Surely put your own name on it and be proud. Doesn't matter how you justify this ,at some point this will make it into the open market one way or another.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    Trip trap trip trap...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    sawyer said:
    I just do not understand why anyone ,with this much skill ,can produce such an awesome looking guitar then spoil it by putting a Gibson logo on it making it a counterfeit and therefore irrelevant . This is the most awesome les paul ive ever seen spoilt. Surely put your own name on it and be proud. Doesn't matter how you justify this ,at some point this will make it into the open market one way or another.
    Because that’s what people ask for!!!!!!

folk can’t afford to blow £250k on an original but they could afford a replica that is almost identical...

but hey, we can keep lumping these in with the chibsons if we like!....
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    sawyer said:
    Really?

so a Morgan or a Yaron are sold on as originals?

Do you not think that if someone was going to drop a six figure sum on a guitar they would want a bit of provenience? The flip side being if you were offered “an original burst” for anything less than 6 figures would you not be suspicious?

the truth is that the folk who buy these are not in the market to rip anyone else off... it’s not quite the same as sticking a fender logo on a Squier...

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    So sticking a Fender logo on a Squire is wrong but this is ok? A Gibson on a non Gibson guitar. I don't condone Morgan either. You just making a fool of yourself with these posts. I dont know why you persist. Soon as you create a counterfeit you can absolutely chuck it on the pile with the Chibsons.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    That’s a cool looking guitar, I’m sure a lot more care and hours went into building it than Gibson put into building the real thing. Personally I don’t give a sh*t about what it says on the headstock.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.