Translation services - recommendations.

What's Hot
sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
Am doing a best man speech - but the ever increasing guest list are Brazilian family who don't speak much English. 

I'd like to have the speach I'm doing translated so I can have a few bits of paper out so the non English speakers will know when I'm being hilarious...and maybe If there's some nice bits about bride and groom.

Anyone had any good experience with translation services ? 

Obviously looking for Brazilian Portuguese, and even better if they're used to Bahian phrasing. 
My broken Portuguese has had the locals in stitches with mixed up words and strange phrasing!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Just say it in English but loudly and slowly.
    The way we've been speaking to the natives all over the world for centuries.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    I don't know the language so can't comment. But I do know that some 'British' humour does not translate as intended. Beware of subtle in jokes for fear of offending where we might not see offence.
    Get the speach 'proof read' by a native to remove any gaffs, although I expect they will cut some slack to 'the foreigner'.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    ESBlonde said:
    I don't know the language so can't comment. But I do know that some 'British' humour does not translate as intended. Beware of subtle in jokes for fear of offending where we might not see offence.
    Get the speach 'proof read' by a native to remove any gaffs, although I expect they will cut some slack to 'the foreigner'.

exactly why I'd like someone from the region to do it,

The other groomsmen are native so can proof read, but don't trust them to do the full translation as they're all pranksters :P

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I think it's a bit pot luck to be honest. My wife does Spanish recordings for those open-top tour buses you see around the place, and the Spanish script they provide her with is usually shockingly written, allegedly by a native Spanish speaker. We've seen menus in restaurants which make no sense, again translated by a "native".

Just say "obrigado" over and over.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763

Email these guys and say you're a friend of Winton's. You may not get a lower price but they'll help you out. 

https://www.universallanguagesolutions.co.uk/en/about-us/fees_and_payments/
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Google translate and print it out...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom