Long -lived kit? Vintage even?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ive got a psion organiser, i think its from late 70s, mt dad had it and just used it as a glorified calculator but apparently they could do a lot more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    57Deluxe said:
    All still in regular use for my music:

Woolies Audition Amp 1973

I had one of those when I started about that time. I replaced it 5 years later with a second hand Marshall 50w Plexi from 1968.
    That same marshall is still gigged regularly by me and is nearly all original.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    My Zoom 3030 multi-fx unit must be about 22 years old now. It was still working a few months ago, last time I powered it up.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3443
    My 1950 odd Revox G36 died a while back, I fully intend to get it back up and running when I find parts for it, or buy a replacement.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    randella said:
    Oooh I just remembered - I *do* have an old computer that still works, a BBC Master 128k.  And a 5 1/4 drive to go with.

I did have an original issue BBC Micro, but it disappeared.
    I've still got an old Beeb and a C64, but the modulators have come loose from the boards. One day, I'll get round to re-soldering them, although I have no idea what I'll plug them into.

I've got an old Archimedes as well (not one of the original runs, it's an A3020), which works perfectly with a VGA connection. The mouse is a bit knackered, but still just about works (the ball rollers are a bit hinky).

There's an ART SGE Mach II kicking around somewhere; the display backlight's temperamental, but it all still works and the delay sounds on it are probably my favourites of all time. It's just a shame that the unit's noisy by design.
    @digitalscream - I’m pretty sure the 32k Beeb I had was an early revision, with the ’BBC Microcomputer’ wording and nothing else next to the owl. The DFS chip and at least one other weren’t working so it went and I kept hold of the Master. Silly me, even for parts those old Beebs are worth a few quid. 

I have a great fondness for them as the first computer I ever used.

My own computer was a Commodore Plus/4, which I still also have. Not in the spirit of the thread though as it hasn’t worked since it got replaced by an Atari 520ST in the late 80’s :)
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I've got an Atari 800 and a couple of STs in the loft.
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 548
    Original 1973 Marshall 4x12 with T1511 55hz speakers, sounds really good.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    randella said:

Commodore Plus/4

That takes me back! I had a plus/4.

Icicle works lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    I've got a ZX-81, at least one Spectrum and a Yamaha MSX in the attic, presuming the local wildlife haven't feasted on it.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4911
    randella said:

Commodore Plus/4

Icicle works lol
    Me too!  Also Fire Ant  :)

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Here's my Boss BE5  (predecessor to the ME5) which I used for hundreds of gigs since 1990, in action on it's last day as my main pedal unit at the Fretboard Jam in Leicester Sept 2017. Guitar solo at 2:46.

It broke that day so I had to replace it, which I did with...       ... another Boss BE5.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I've got a Simmons drum machine (controller, no pads, needs a bit of restoration) somewhere in the loft.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Nitefly said:
    randella said:

Commodore Plus/4

Icicle works lol
    Me too!  Also Fire Ant  :)

Haha yeah!

I remember being peed off cause I couldn't swap games with all my mates who had zx spectrums.

Taking hours to type out programs just to make a bunch of circles appear on screen.  :)

I had to send mine back several times with power supply problems. Think they ended up just sending me a new one.

Them was the days.