I’m such a f****** tw*t!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
Such a flippin twit! (actually I was thinking of something a tad stronger ...)

Francis Dunnery is doing an anniversary gig of one of my very favourite albums ever - It Bites Around the world in a day. I knew I had to be there but I didn’t order a ticket for London immediately and they bloody sold out!!

I’ve just whipped on line and booked one for sodding Wolverhampton - 3hr drive plus I’ll have to take the day off work. Oh well, on the plus side I’M GOING!!!!!!!!

That is all ....

ps. For the first time in my life I have 4 gigs booked at the same time. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Who?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wolverhampton in itself will be your punishment, but the gig will be your reward. It's a ying and yang.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Time to call all the heroes. 
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Googled It Bites Wolverhampton and got a lot of pizza places. 

He's playing the Slade Rooms which is the smaller bit of the Civic Hall. I haven't been there in a long time but it's central Wolverhampton with various city centre car parks,  small multi storey just across the road from the venue I think. 
    Probably ten minutes walk from the train station if that's an alternative. 
    You could get to Wolverhampton early and visit my mother. 
    I'm trying to think of something else good about visiting Wolverhampton. Might take a while...

...ooh, it was the first place in the UK to have traffic lights! Something to tell the family about. And it has a branch of Mr Singh's pizza for those who don't believe paneer pizza is a thing. Nowhere near the Slade Rooms though. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Slade rooms is great and is pretty much the next road down from the train station, 
  • Googled It Bites Wolverhampton and got a lot of pizza places. 

He's playing the Slade Rooms which is the smaller bit of the Civic Hall. I haven't been there in a long time but it's central Wolverhampton with various city centre car parks,  small multi storey just across the road from the venue I think. 
    I'm trying to think of something else good about visiting Wolverhampton. Might take a while...

...ooh, it was the first place in the UK to have traffic lights! Something to tell the family about. And it has a branch of Mr Singh's pizza for those who don't believe paneer pizza is a thing. Nowhere near the Slade Rooms though. 
    Headquarters of Mensa as well isn't it? 

I think technically London had the first traffic lights, but that Wolves had the first automated lights. Oh god, I've turned into one of those people haven't I.

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    There is no better barometer for your success as a human being than the number of gigs you have lined up. 4 gigs, one of which is impractical actually shows that you are winning at life :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m going to the Glasgow gig. Can’t wait to hear the album played in full as it’s also one of my favourites. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Headquarters of Mensa as well isn't it? 

I think technically London had the first traffic lights, but that Wolves had the first automated lights. Oh god, I've turned into one of those people haven't I.

I was going to put first automated lights but it seemed a bit nit picky. The official switching on by Enoch Powell I believe although when you Google Enoch there's an awful lot of stuff about Rivers of Blood so I can't confirm that. 

I also believe that Francis Dunnery is a Laney Lionheart user so possibly I should go in order to find out what mine actually should sound like with competent playing going through it. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3584
    octatonic said:
    Who?
    It Bites

There was a documentry back in 1987 all about the guitar. A large chunk of it featured Dunnery in the studio talking and playing his strats. (I need to get out more).

About 34+ Minites in.

• Lodious said:
    There is no better barometer for your success as a human being than the number of gigs you have lined up. 4 gigs, one of which is impractical actually shows that you are winning at life :-)
    Hopefully knowledge of traffic light history is up there as well, erictheweary and I would be bossing it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11889

I hope that's not run by the famous "Mr Singh" from Walsall

I hope that's not run by the famous "Mr Singh" from Walsall
    Ooh I don't know who that is, I rarely get to such far out of the way places as Walsall. Although it does have a good town motto:

Walsall - at least we're not Sandwell.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11889

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    ESBlonde said:
    octatonic said:
    Who?
    It Bites

There was a documentry back in 1987 all about the guitar. A large chunk of it featured Dunnery in the studio talking and playing his strats. (I need to get out more).

About 34+ Minites in.

The documentary is pretty poorly written/researched, it's kind of a guy who knows nothing about guitar trying to write about guitar if I recall correctly - but the bit showing It Bites in the Studio is well worth a look.
  • westwest Frets: 996
    I saw them tour that the first time round, and co-incidentally in wolves at a shit hole called Scruples, it was heaving sweatbox the walls running with condensation what a brilliant gig and  i blagged the guesty ... they were a great band .... 

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I remember seeing them twice when I was a student in Wales. Once at the Poly of Wales, the other at Cardiff University. He was using one of those Seymour Duncan "Convertable" amps. Sounded immense but i gather that reliability wasn't their strength.
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    Already? I only got the email telling me about the gig yesterday!
    Off to look at Manc tickets!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited August 2019 tFB Trader
    I tech’d for It Bites for most of the tours with John Mitchell on guitar and vocals. Great guys and superb musicians, were a joy to watch each night!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    axisus said:
    Around the world in a day. 
    There aren't any rules in Paisley Park. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.