SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB flat base Humbucker

DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
edited August 2019 in Parts £
I’m after resurrecting my Steinberger Mini Vee ahead of a long stint working away.

The guitar is designed to take the pickup mounted direct into the wood and the route is flat bottomed with no additional depth for the pickup legs,

https://imgur.com/gallery/3tpv6g4

So after something that will drop straight in without needing to break out the router.

Im thinking EMG,Bill Lawrence, Bartolini, maybe even one of those crazy “ribbed” Kent Armstrong ones from the 80s.

Less than £50 please and ideally £40 & down 

Anyone ? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    I have a Fender Tex-Mex humbucker, the baseplate of which is absolutely flat. The only thing protruding below the underside is the 4-con + shield output cable.

Best recollection is that the output is similar to a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates but I shall need to check to make certain. The bobbins are white. Perhaps, you can spray paint them?

£22 PPG shipped.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    I have a Fender Tex-Mex humbucker, the baseplate of which is absolutely flat. The only thing protruding below the underside is the 4-con + shield output cable.

Best recollection is that the output is similar to a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates but I shall need to check to make certain. The bobbins are white. Perhaps, you can spray paint them?

£22 PPG shipped.
    Sounds pretty good Funk ! I  believe that “bobbin toppers” are a thing if I feel the need to colour code and I’m a big fan of a Pearly Gates so sounds very much my kind of thingOnly possible hindrance would be is it F-spaced ? If it is it might be too wide for the hole maybe ? I’ll break out the ruler later and let you know how much room I have 
    Baseplate: 72mm (excluding height adjustment screw lugs)
    Bobbins: 67mm
    Polepieces: 52mm E to E, centre to centre. 
    Cool, currently trying to locate my errant Micrometer !
    @Funkfingers just had a look. Looks like I’m at 69-70mm so I don’t think the Tex Mex will fit as I don’t fancy taking a Dremel to that paint job !
    No problem. Thank you for letting me know.
    No problem. Thank you for letting me know.
    And thanks for the offer, other than physical constraints it was pretty much perfect !
    Bump, still looking 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7005
    tFB Trader
    Could you hammer the legs of a normal pickup baseplate flat and cut/drill to suit?
    Could you hammer the legs of a normal pickup baseplate flat and cut/drill to suit?
    Ermmm maybe, although I’m not sure how I do it without potentially snapping the leg off. I also don’t have a vice or anything to hold the pickup in place with 
    Alternatively, can you swap baseplates ? 
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited September 2019
    I might have a Suhr DSH+ somewhere - iirc its dbl black n from a Suhr direct mount ..  

How deep is pocket as its not a flatback 

Otherwise may have an EMG ,81  but do you have battery space ?