Origin Revival Compact

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26923
just in stock at Peach and looks lovely. Between this and the stacked Cali, and the Thorpy Heavy Water and the fact I still haven’t bought a Gunshot (or any fx at all for 10 months...) I’m feeling mighty gassy right now...
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    edited August 2019
    Yay. Price is a bit ouch.
  • No "ghost" control on this one?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26923
    edited August 2019
    No "ghost" control on this one?
    No, apparently that requires a whole extra bit of circuitry (I assume mimicking an amp’s power supply). Full writeup here: 

https://origineffects.com/product/revivaldrive-compact#tab-description

I haven't watched any vids of this yet, but hoping they’re quite conclusive as I’m not able to demo them side by side without resorting to buying both and selling one later, which I’d rather not do!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6682
    I think it might be the pedal I have looking for for years. Bit spendy though. Can one of you lot buy it and not like it and sell me it?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    soma1975 said:
    I think it might be the pedal I have looking for for years. Bit spendy though. Can one of you lot buy it and not like it and sell me it?
    Won't be long  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Looks great as well
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    soma1975 said:
    I'm usually the daft kind of twat that'll provide this service....
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Our Jack is a lovely player ain't he ?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    soma1975 said:
    I'm usually the daft kind of twat that'll provide this service....
    I’ll take dibs from yours mate ;)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Why has it got a clean blend though - surely that sounds duff, hate that OD layered on top of clean sound thing.
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    dindude said:
    Why has it got a clean blend though - surely that sounds duff, hate that OD layered on top of clean sound thing.
    I guess it’s a bit like a 2 amp set up where one amp is not overdriven. Can help provide some clarity against the overdriven sound. I think that’s a great idea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Think I can see one of these in my very near future!!! Just watched the Rebea Massad demo and I think it sounds fantastic
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4685
    mattdavis said:
    dindude said:
    I guess it’s a bit like a 2 amp set up where one amp is not overdriven. Can help provide some clarity against the overdriven sound. I think that’s a great idea. 
    I always fancied a sparkle drive back in the day for the clean blend.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    Want want want! But bad timing - just bought and started a Pedalparts OCD kit (currently down the Marshall drive rabbit hole), and a Boss SYB-3 (on a whim), and funds are a tad low through lack of gigging. I use the full fat version as an amp sim in my home studio, but this would make perfect sense on my board, so there is likely to be one in my future.

dindude said:
    The manual says that blending in clean signal backs off the gain on the dirty signal to avoid naff-sounding clean/filth mixes. One of the best live sounds I ever got was mixing the clean and dirty channels on a Sessionette combo.
    Also on sale at Andertons, though only a few left...

I've ordered one, and it should be here on Monday. We shall see :)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited August 2019
    It looks a great versatile unit. I’m still thinking about the full Revival version though. I wonder if one could set ones favoured drive sound on the left for example but use the right hand side as a solo boost I.e. louder etc? Anyone tried this?

Im still out in buying one though as it’s so expensive . Both the compact and the full version 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    It looks a great versatile unit. I’m still thinking about the full Revival version though. I wonder if one could set ones favoured drive sound on the left for example but use the right hand side as a solo boost I.e. louder etc? Anyone tried this?

Nothing to stop you setting one side the same as the other but louder and/or gainier. Also you can assign a mid boost to one side.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    This sounds unreal!