Big box DMM repair

What's Hot
liftmanliftman Frets: 60
edited August 2019 in FX
Anyone know somebody who is good at working on a big box  DMM (  2000's model) ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 650
    What's wrong with it?
  • liftmanliftman Frets: 60
    It's working but it's lost some clarity and top end.
  • liftman said:
    It's working but it's lost some clarity and top end.
    Sounds like it’s just getting old, might be DeMMentia.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha!  and the owner too possibly! I stupidly put it in a hold bag for a couple of flights recently and came out with a couple of connections needing re-soldering. I did that but deffo doesn't sound the same.
  • You could check out this chap, I’ve been in touch with him recently regarding my Boss PS-3, pretty good rates too. I’m sure @Heartfeltdawn has mentioned him to me in past discussions re big box DMM repairs. He’s based near Manchester so you could always post to him.

http://www.owenelectronics.co.uk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 650
    You could check out this chap, I’ve been in touch with him recently regarding my Boss PS-3, pretty good rates too. I’m sure @Heartfeltdawn has mentioned him to me in past discussions re big box DMM repairs. He’s based near Manchester so you could always post to him.

Good shout, I've sent pedals to him in the past that other pedal builders/repairers have not been able to fix/solve... always had good results, fair price and communication. 
    My first choice.

Your DMM may just need re calibrating
    You could check out this chap, I’ve been in touch with him recently regarding my Boss PS-3, pretty good rates too. I’m sure @Heartfeltdawn has mentioned him to me in past discussions re big box DMM repairs. He’s based near Manchester so you could always post to him.

Thanks! I've given it to a fella here in Bristol now but if he can't find the problem I'll get in touch with him.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    @liftman who did you give it to in Bristol? Might be moving back there next year so having a decent repairman close by would be useful. 

@liftman who did you give it to in Bristol? Might be moving back there next year so having a decent repairman close by would be useful. 
    Matt Sampson - he also runs a great recording studio , Bink Bonk, lots of tasty amps, pedals etc.! 07913 161452. Another really good repairman for amps is Steve in the backroom at PMT.