What’s wrong with dishwasher?

What's Hot
sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
my wife and daughter say they can’t smell anything but I can, and I swear it’s from the dishwasher.

ive cleared the filters out and washed them in hot water, and I’ve done the “run a wash with white vinegar”

However, when I take the filter things out if the bottom of the floor of the dishwasher, the void below is full of water.  It doesn’t smell a lot but I think it does a bit, 

we use use the dishwasher every night, and therefore all the water that comes in to wash the dishes is clearly getting out again (otherwise the whole thing would remain full of water and then pour out when I open the door).  So I think the pump must be working to some extent.

but I wonder why the water is remaining in the “sump” - I’m sure that’s a bad thing?

any eperts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    edited August 2019
    I'm pretty sure the water is meant to remain in the sump in the same way as it does in a sink u-bend - to prevent an air passage from the drain to the inside of the dishwasher, which would definitely smell bad.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    When my dishwasher starts to smell bad I tell her to take a shower. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited August 2019
    It is where it gets filled with salt, the water gets stagnant and smells of ponds, mine is the same and I try to get the water out and run it without salt, it does work for a bit.

Then I wash up by hand and moan.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    Any error messages coming up? I had a problem with our Bosch a while back where it wasn’t pumping out completely, but it did bring up a fault code for a pump fail. The pump rotor was sticking occasionally because there was a shard of glass rattling about in the sump. Might be worth clearing the sump of water and seeing if there’s any debris in there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    Assume the pipe goes init some sort of trap under the sink or something...have you checked that for any blockages?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    spark240 said:
    Assume the pipe goes init some sort of trap under the sink or something...have you checked that for any blockages?
    My presumption is that it’s not blocked because it doesn’t overflow, but that’s wha I’m thinking too

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom