Re-tapping a DRRI for 240v

What's Hot
Anyone got any instructions? I’m guessing (hoping) it’s a connector swap as with the blues junior, but slightly more faffaliscious as the chassis has to come out?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72309
    It’s basically the same - swap the white/black (230V) and black (240V) wires, which should be on P2 and P8.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389

<awaits reports of power outages on Sth London ....> ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    edited September 2019
    Hmm.. doesn’t look like I can swap them after all... P2 and P8 are soldered directly to the board rather than connectors. There are board connectors labelled CP2 (white with black stripe) and CP8 (black) for leads coming off the transformer though? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72309
    Hmm.. doesn’t look like I can swap them after all... P2 and P8 are soldered directly to the board rather than connectors. There are board connectors labelled CP2 (white with black stripe) and CP8 (black) for leads coming off the transformer though? 
    It's CP2 and CP8. Some models seem to have the C printed, some don't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    It's CP2 and CP8. Some models seem to have the C printed, some don't.
    Brilliant, ta. Have swapped them over.
  • It works! Runs cooler and slightly quieter. Ta.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Congrats. You are basically Randall Smith now. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom