Phasers and tremolos - what's everyone using?

What's Hot

Comments

• I have an Empress which I really like.

It’s in rotation with a Frantone Vibutron which is one of the sparsest-featured trems on the market but sounds amazing. Doesn’t even have a make-up volume control as it doesn’t need one, it cuts through on any setting.

Not or easy or cheap to get hold of new but they do come up on Reverb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Line 6 tap tremolo. I dont know another single stomp size pedal that has tap tempo. The tap tempo gets alot of use. 
  • I’ve ended up using my Boss DD500 for nearly all of my modulations these days. I do have an old Boss ph1r phaser as well which is very nice.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Just tried a MXR Phase 95 as recommended by @JezWynd what a great little pedal.

In not sure why MXR decided to combine two pedals and then make that pedal half the size. 

But it does have a load of phase sounds in its little form. I definitely preferred the 90 setting to the 45 but for the extra £14 you might as well have both.

I would have probably bought it there and then had it been a full size enclosure, but just held off. 

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Fuengi said:
    Just tried a MXR Phase 95 as recommended by @JezWynd what a great little pedal.

In not sure why MXR decided to combine two pedals and then make that pedal half the size. 

But it does have a load of phase sounds in its little form. I definitely preferred the 90 setting to the 45 but for the extra £14 you might as well have both.

I would have probably bought it there and then had it been a full size enclosure, but just held off. 

The 90 is a more obvious, in your face effect, esp if you're trying it in a store but if you get to spend time with it, the 45 is very useful as an always on subtle effect for some numbers. The DOD 201 is similar to the 45 - both are 2 stage phasers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Red Witch moon phaser. Analog phaser and trem + trem-o-phase. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited August 2019
    Flint. A superb pedal - how can you be bored of it? It's the BEST. Bias after 70s reverb for a stock setting and Harmonic after a long tail big 80s reverb for a swoosh modulated reverb wash that swirls and modulates through the reverb tail.

Reverb into Trem like a good old Fender amp is where it's at.

Sell it at your peril, you'll want it back a few months later.

Flint. A superb pedal - how can you be bored of it? It's the BEST. Bias after 70s reverb for a stock setting and Harmonic after a long tail big 80s reverb for a swoosh modulated reverb wash that swirls and modulates through the reverb tail.

Reverb into Trem like a good old Fender amp is where it's at.

Sell it at your peril, you'll want it back a few months later.

Not bored with it at all, just not using the reverb side much although have used it exactly as you described with the 80s setting for the last couple of days. It is rather good, I think I'll hold on to it and just go for a phaser as well. 

I'm pretty sure I'll go for the MXR 95 or the 90 if I can get one used. 
    Just ordered a DOD Phasor 201 from Amazon, they still have a handful available new for the reasonable price of £66.40 delivered. Should be here on Saturday.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I've always like the Ibanez phasers.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6682
    I have a brand new Phase 95 for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Fuengi said:
    Just ordered a DOD Phasor 201 from Amazon, they still have a handful available new for the reasonable price of £66.40 delivered. Should be here on Saturday.
    That's a good deal, they're back up to 85.00 now and only 2 left. I thought these sold out a long time ago, wonder if they found a few at the back of the cupboard.
    JezWynd said:
    Fuengi said:
    That's a good deal, they're back up to 85.00 now and only 2 left. I thought these sold out a long time ago, wonder if they found a few at the back of the cupboard.

Interesting! It didn't actually arrive today and now says arriving Tuesday. It's being sold by Amazon Prime so I assume they have the stock.

I was also surprised they had them.
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    Jam Pedals Big Chill for trem and EQD Grand Orbiter for Phase :)
    JezWynd said:
    Fuengi said:

They are back down to £66.40 again right now on Amazon.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540

Two homebuilt pedals from tagboardeffects - a Ross Phaser (took me 3 attempts to get a working version, LM13700 based), and a Tremulus Lune tremolo.

Both sound great, and I made 'em :)

Adam

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    As far as tremolos go, I liked the Tremulus Lune. I built one for a friend and liked the wide range of sounds from it. And although I have been somewhat critical of Jam pedals, I thought the Big Chill sounded very good indeed.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Tremolo faves:

Chase Bliss Gravitas
    Earthquaker Hummingbird
    Voodoo Lab Tremolo
    Walrus Monument
    Fulltone Supatrem

I don't really use Phaser, I have an MXR Phase 90 and 45 but they are rarely used.
  • If you get stuck, I love my boss ph1-r. Probably the best phaser I've heard.

I also liked an old dod phaser, but not as much, and I have an ibanez cf7 which... I don't know if its a chorus, flange or phaser but it's sort of... Amazing. But awful. But amazing mostly. If you want to sound different, it's good.

For trem, I like the boss tr-2. I don't use trem much these days so I just use my zoom g5n. 
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    The Walrus Audio Lillian phaser sounds grear, and you can select 2 or 4 stage, which is neat.