badcat cub ii

thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320
edited August 2019 in Amps
so,,   I put in a cheeky bid for one of these amps (2x10) version on ebay and er won.

Anyone owned one?  Is the 15watts loud enough for gigs with a loud drummist?   work well with single coils/humbuckers?
Do they take pedals well? 

Should I stop placing bids on ebay on things I don't really need and probably can't afford?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    As I understand it’s basically the same circuit as the Cub III (which a few of us have) but without the K-master. 

Assuming that hat to be true, it will be properly excellent, and easily keep up with a drummer provided you don't wan’t clean sounds. 

Though I’ll always be an advocate of mic+PA over trying to compete on volume anyway...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    Love, love LOVE my Cub iii. I edged away from the 15 watt version when a 40 watt became available as I was worried about it not being loud enough, but I probably shouldn’t have worried. I’m never able to get the 40 watt running anywhere near half power at a gig, never mind all the way up. 

Mine is the 1x12, but it sounds much better than my other amp/1x12 cab. Much fuller, so I’m guessing the 2x10 will be superb!
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320
    hmmm.

Well went to try it.    It was nice but...

the master volume didn't do anything at all.   There is a boost function which is activated by pulling out the master volume.   When I pulled that out it seemed to be able to turn down the overall volume, but  turning it up did nothing.
    when pressed in, it didn't do anything at all either way.
     Owner seemed to think that's how it was meant to work.  Personally I didn't think it was right, and wasn't usable for me..  so agreed to cancel the auction.

Had to driive 2 hours each way so a bit of a wasted evening tbh.