SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ken Timms - Koa Sopran Ukulele - Update: Now on Ebay

DanTMDanTM Frets: 21
edited August 2019 in Acoustics £

Hello there !

I own a beautiful Ken Timms Sopran Ukulele but since I own my Ana'Ole Super Concert Ukulele the Ken Timms is hanging on the wall and I do not feel the desire to pick it up and play it. That's not because its a bad sounding instrument but because a concert body with a tenor neck just feels so much nicer to me.

A life hanging on the wall is nothing that a Ken Timms deserves so I would like to sell it.

I bought the Ken Timms Koa Sopran Ukulele new in May 2017. I played it a lot for one year so there are tiny scratches on this Ukulele.

It is made from Koa that Ken received from Chuck Moore. Fretboard is made from Ebony. Bridge is Rosewood. Neck is Mahogany.

There are two "issues" I have to list.

1. You feel the fret edges. For me its nothing that bothered me or even hurt my fingers but some people are very sensitive concerning fret edges. I guess that for whatever reason the fretboard shrank a wee bit.

2. There are some areas where the french polish suffered and vanished faster than it should be. Below the soundhole and on some places on the neck. Some bass and guitar people call this natural aging/relicing and would pay for it extra

It is currently strung with DR Moonbeams.

If you buy this Uke I will add a new set of Aquila Carbonblack strings, a new set of D'Addadrio EJ99SC Fluorcarbon strings and the rest of the DR Moonbeams set.

This Uke is extremely light und extremely loud. It has the Soprano bark that people playing a Soprano normally look for.

I am based in Germany but I am willing to ship this Ukulele worldwide via DHL. I have no case but I will pack it safely. If you are not happy with this you can send me a case or let me buy a case for you. As long as you pay the shipping costs and as long as you understand that you might have to handle customs on your own when the Uke arrives in your country I am fine with it.

My asking price (fixed) is https://www.ebay.de/itm/283596791920

You can pay by Paypal (Family & Friends only), cash when you would like to pick it up in Munich, payment by bank transfer if you bear any possible transfer fees.

Thanks,
Dan

DSC-0052-01 DSC-0047-01 DSC-0033-01 DSC-0025-01 DSC-0014-01 DSC-0012-01

B: Warmoth PJ
E: Warmoth 7/8 HS Strat
U: Ana'Ole Spruce/Mango 6 String
A: Yamaha FS850
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments